Madoka Magica: Just Sign On The Dotted Line

As someone else put it, and I will gladly continue to parrot:
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Damn, that was a good ending. Now I WANT them to do a second season...

INFINITE BAZOOKA WORKS!

EXPLOSIVE GAS TRUCK FU ATTACK!

STADIUM BOMB!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

I'm torn.

On one hand, the ending was glorious. It ended more or less how I think a 'good end' can from Gen Urobuchi.

On the other hand.. I want to see where things go. It leaves me wanting to know '...what next?'
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

That series has both a nice conclusion and a desire for a continuation. Sounds like fanfic fodder to me.

I finally gave up on waiting for yesy, and watched this. Does anyone else think she basically turned herself into a nicer version of a Counter Guardian from the Nasuverse?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Fan interpretation seems fairly solidly in the camp of her chilling out somewhere beyond the heavens with Elder God Demonbane, setting up Magical Girl Valhalla.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Hrm... Kinda torn about the ending myself. I do like how it was ended - with Madoka making the best of all possible outcomes in an impossible seeming situation.

But some part of me would still like to drop a planetary Sony Brick on the homeworld of Kyubei's people. And when it lands it shall not make an earth-shattering boom, but instead, "And now I shall play for you the song of my people!" which is then followed by some of the most heinous music ever conceived by mankind - the complete works, all set to infinite repeat at 180 db.

The one point I've noted is that, in a way, Madoka did get a little bit of revenge.

After all, Kyubei was one of the people retconned by her wish, and if he took any pleasure in his old Faustian ways, he's unable to now, because his plan just reversed on him big time. And he'll never actually remember what it was to begin with.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

True that. Even so, he seems singularly disappointed with the way the Universe is working at the end of the show. And to be honest, I'm not either. For the Magical Girl there's still no such thing as retirement, they are still liches, and they still have to purify their soul gems. Better than before, but not optimal at all, really.

She awaits beyond the stars with open arms and a smile saying, "Welcome Home."
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

?? She stands with the Buster Mechs??
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Berk Wrote:She awaits beyond the stars with open arms and a smile saying, "Welcome Home."
Nah, she's more proactive than that.  She comes to the fallen Magical Girls with a warm, comforting smile...  And cake!  (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Kurisu Wrote:?? She stands with the Buster Mechs??
From left to right...

Heracles (Berserker), Medusa (Rider), Buster Machine 7, Sasaki Kojirou (False Assassin), Godoka, Elder God Demonbane, Shirou Emiya (Archer), Arturia Pendragon (Saber), (a newly minuted god-class VN protagonist I'm not very familiar with) and Medea (Caster)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote:“I COME FROM A PLACE WHERE GODS ROAM A-MONGST THE STARS, WHERE THERE ARE BEINGS THAT COULD E-RASE ALL OF RE-AL-ITY WITH BUT A ME-RE THOUGHT, THAT COULD BEND TI-ME TO THEIR WILL AND FREE YOU FROM HAVING EVER BEING BORN!! YET, NO MAT-TER HOW PO-WER-FUL THEY ARE, THEY ALL FEAR THE SAME THING.”

The Incubator looked supremely confused.

“You?” It asked.

“NOT ME.” Sec corrected. “A WO-RD; IT IS A WO-RD THAT CAU-SES SUCH FE-AR, THAT E-VEN THE LORDS OF TI-ME ARE SENT TO THEIR KNE-ES.”

“And what word is that?”

Sec aimed the gunstick, setting it to output thermal energy. There was a safety, but no Dalek to his knowledge had ever used it.

EX-TER-MINATE!!!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.