Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior Design Project
Senior Design Project
I'd thought I'd let you guys know. After 8 years of service in the Army, I'm back in school. Once of the things I'm doing is a Senior Design Project. We're developing mobile applications to hook into our city's (Lincoln, NE) bus system, so that prospective passengers can figure out which bus to take, how long they have until the bus gets there, and the like.
We have 4 student groups on this project: 1 on the server backend, and 3 mobile development teams, for each of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone 7. I'm on the WP7 team. If anyone has been thinking about developing apps for WP7 (or Silverlight for Web apps, or WPF for desktop applications), I've been knee-deep in figuring things out. I'll let you guys know how it turns out in May, if nothing else.
Chris
Microsoft really can't name things: SilverLight Unit Test

best of luck, I did some java mobile development, and I don't even want to think about how bad developing for WP7 must be.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Innnnnnnnteresting... Please do keep us posted. I would love to see apps like these become widespread. Be nice for areas like San Antonio or Austin (especially the former since they're looking to invest heavily into the public transit system).