Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software Recommendation?
Software Recommendation?
I'm looking for a good, simple WAV-to-MP3 converter that'll run on Win 7.  I've done some googling, and found a few things, but between the ones with adware and the ones that produced garbage files, I have no idea what to use.
I guess I should add that I'm using it to convert ring tones for my new Samsung Continuum smartphone...
Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Mencoder/Mplayer should do it. It's more a *nix thing, but there's a Windows binary for it if you don't mind using a CLI. It's open source, and I think there're a few graphical frontends for it also. It's what I use when absolutely nothing else will play/encode it, there's a binary codec for nearly everything available.

If you have VLC installed, it has that capability already.
Instructions: Effective WAV to MP3 Converter - How To
Hope this helps.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg

Audacity only has "provisional support" for 7, but it's worked pretty well for me.

-Morgan.

Thanks, everyone. After poking around I think I'll give Audacity a try.
-- Bob
---------

And it did the trick. Once again, thanks.
-- Bob
---------