Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D modeling resources thread

Chun-Li = Thunder thighs

Kasumi = "She kicks high."

Mark Skarr Wrote:Chun-Li = Thunder thighs

Kasumi = "She kicks high."
While this assessment of Chun-Li is an accurate one, you can also say the she kicks as high as Kasumi does.  A better attribution to Kasumi would be "Scantily Clad Kunoichi".
Unfortunately, that assessment also applies to her half-sister, Ayami.  Guess you could say Kasumi is the cute one and Ayami is the Serious one.

It's a joke in reference to the original DOA 3 trailers. "She kicks high."

Okay...

Changing topics slightly, I saw the Renderosity weekly newsletter this morning and though "the Forum Pervert might like http://www.renderosity.com/may-2011-new ... 3?&AID=408]this month's newsletter freebie"...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Dalmatiner has posted to ShareCG the workhorse of the Fenspace space fleet - the http://www.sharecg.com/v/51034/gallery/ ... -Econoline]Ford Econoline van. (Yes, of course I've already downloaded it.)
--
Rob Kelk

Who you gonna call? http://www.sharecg.com/v/51152/browse/11/Poser/Ecto-1]Dalmatiner!

(He's posted nearly a dozen vehicles this week ... where does he find the time to sleep?)
--
Rob Kelk

(applies CPR to thread)

I don't care if they do call this "http://onlinestore.bloodyrosesdesigns.c ... &Itemid=53]Sultry Goddess Dress" - Urd has better fashion sense than that.
--
Rob Kelk

... UGH! WTF?

I had that exact same reaction to it and the Sirens Song from the same place. As for that....only some Goddesses could pull it off, just not in that colour carpet.

The image is certainly ugly. The dress itself? Well, looking at it, I kinda expect someone with six arms and blue skin wearing it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

BLARGH!!!!

robkelk Wrote:(applies CPR to thread)
I don't care if they do call this "Sultry Goddess Dress" - Urd has better fashion sense than that.
It didn't need CPR, it was just taking a nap!
I'll take a look at the outfit and see if any of the bits are useable for anything else.

Balancing the karmic scales somewhat, there's a new V4A4 outfit available from Manomano. http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007/d/20110523]Here's the blog post with the links to the dress and high-heeled sandals, each with three textures.

And here's the "official" render of the outfit:

[Image: 8f72db41ddd6aa0d2f8a2dc186e66022.jpg]
--
Rob Kelk

Now that looks like something Belldandy might wear if she feels like being a bit dressy.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

When I saw it, the first thing I thought was "cocktail dress", but I didn't picture Bell in it. Now I do...
--
Rob Kelk

Well, that settles it then. *Casts summons: Forum Pervert!* Mr. Skarr? Any chance you could to dress up Bell-chan for us?

blackaeronaut Wrote:Well, that settles it then. *Casts summons: Forum Pervert!*
You can't do it that easily - you need to make an offering. Hmmmmm... http://www.sharecg.com/v/51552/browse/5 ... -Poser/DAZ]This should do nicely.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Mr. Skarr? Any chance you could to dress up Bell-chan for us?
With the Manomano outfit, not the new offering...
--
Rob Kelk

Of all the bone-headed times it could have come out . . ..
Daz Studio 4 is out.
I guess the good news is that it's only the 32-bit version, so I'm not going to be using it until the 64-bit version comes out.

I was just about to mention that... http://www.daz3d.com//newsletter/2011/d ... 26_11.html]Announcement email ad

It's free until July 31. One wonders what the "Genesis" figure (or figures) is (or are) like. I don't have it yet, myself - the server's very slow. (Can't imagine why... )
--
Rob Kelk

They've changed the way the models work.  Which is both good and bad.  One of the good things is that outfits for Gen4 figures can be fit to Gen5 figures fairly easily, and can cross gender lines.  So V4 outfits can fit on M5 and so on.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Well, that settles it then. *Casts summons: Forum Pervert!* Mr. Skarr? Any chance you could to dress up Bell-chan for us?
Sorry.  Forum Pervert has been really busy and totally missed this.  I've been doing the work of 5-6 people at work and my brain is just a little fried.
But, I'll see what I can do for you.
Summoning...
Well in Mark's defense, one does not summon the 'Forum pervert'  by asking them to dress somone up...

Quote:Rev Dark wrote:

Well in Mark's defense, one does not summon the 'Forum pervert'  by asking them to dress somone up...
Well, um, okay, that's true
I've gotten Aoi (my summoner for MonkeyFist's Final Fantasy game) finished, so I've thrown Belle in the rendering engine.  That dress was not designed by someone who uses very many custom morphs.  The dress is very baggy on Belle . . . except where it isn't.  Which is very annoying.
Aoi (before she knows what she is and then after):
[Image: 7ae26786f3a18b9687faea7d5265107733ac6eda_r.jpg] [Image: 2d016461a9bf82ab7e2468efc2e038a07ee90a36_r.jpg]
Story wise, she's an ancestor of my silver-haired summoner, Aurora.  And the descendent of two of my other summoners (Symphony and Alishira).  But, the exact relationship is unknown at this time.

Here's a rough rendering of Belle with the Blue Dress (not to be confused with Devil with the Blue Dress).
[Image: BellbluedressJ.jpg]