Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A benefit to Globalisation.....

We've been getting the Mexican Coke and Sprite here in Denver, as well, at least at some of the convenience stores.

I actually find it less sweet than even the "throwback" stuff at the supermarkets. And this isn't necessarily a bad thing overall. I'm beginning to suspect that us Yanks have had our food sweetened to the point we think everything else tastes bad. Tongue
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Whereas we Canucks have overloaded our savory snacks with salt...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
On US soda
A&W Root Beer? We've actually inflicted that on the rest of the world now? I'm... even more ashamed of my nationality than I was before. Seriously, the last time I even got near that stuff was when my uncle me hold his open can of it while he dealt with a can of year-old gasoline formerly intended for the lawnmower, and I COULDN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BY SMELL. No, ick, foul, a hundred times no! If you want to know what root beer should taste like, try IBC, or at the minimum Mug. Barq's has become popular as it helps to thin the blood in your caffeine stream, but I dislike the 'bite' that they make a selling point of because of the caffeine. You'd have to pay me, and well, to get me to drink A&W at this point.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but an Australian freind who was visiting and had formed an impresion of root beer based on A&W (sampled earlier in the trip) noted that the IBC I gave her was like drinking a totally different (much better) type of soda.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Well I am limited on what American drinks I can try due to what can get imported down here. Let alone I'm willing to try. I'm trying not to consume any drink that uses corn syrup. That bottle of A&W root beer, pretty much proved that rule.

Then again I don't think that I like root beer as while I found the Sioux City root beer loads better than the A&W, the odor it has is noticeable & a bit off-putting. Unlike the bag of German gummi bears I found at a local branch of a certain multi-national supermarket chain, their smell was lovely and what-not regardless of the ingredients listed on the pack ("Canuba wax....isn't that a car care product?")

I've also found I like Coke out of a glass bottle then out of a can or plastic bottle

--Rod.H

Rod H Wrote:("Canuba wax....isn't that a car care product?")

Yes. It's also used on surf boards. And in any candy that needs to be chewy, like Star Burst. And now you know....
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:

Yes. It's also used on surf boards. And in any candy that needs to be chewy, like Star Burst. And now you know....
It's a floor wax and a dessert topping??? O_O
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
Ebony Wrote:

It's a floor wax and a dessert topping??? O_O
All we know is, we call him the Stig.

- CD, couldn't resist
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows