Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of Oprah's closing down her show and those mourning it...
Speaking of Oprah's closing down her show and those mourning it...
This cartoon reaction to Oprah's closing down of her show had me chuckling...
http://washingtonexaminer...ons/2011/05/memorial-day
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Mixed feelings.
I have mixed feelings about it; and I don't even watch it - just the effect it has on world discourse.
I had really hoped the special guest would be all the weight she's lost - arriving on the set in best blob like fashion and itching for a Steve McQueen level epic fight.
I am very happy that a women was able to grab onto and hold her audience; turning that audience into a media empire.  Good for her.  Awesome.  I just wish that so many of the creatures featured on her shows weren't such wastes of fucking space.  Homeopaths.  The Secret.  Anti-vax harridan Jenny McCarthy, relationship dillweed Dr. Phil, alternative therapy wonk Dr. Oz.  People who need a boots and elbows beating - not a platform for their arse-wipery.
So good for Oprah and booing hisses for the loathsome hagfish siphoning their bites of fame from her.

I can count the times I've even briefly watched it in one hand...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."