Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attempting to watch _Needless_
Attempting to watch _Needless_
It's very... explosive... and the ED seems to be promising lesbian lolis at some point, but.... there doesn't seem to be any real story here, beyond vague stereotypical rebel aginst the evil corporation stuff. The frame rate is low, and it literally puts up a bllboard to announce each attack. What I'm asking here is, is the show really as aptly named as it seems, or does it at some point turn into something more than popcorn for your eyes? Because seriously, I'd rather rewatch the Kamina episodes of Gurren Lagann three times than 24 episodes like Needless #1.

- CD

ETA: Looked it up and discovered that the Wikipedia articles is unusually detailed... ...basically, the impression I get is someone was sitting around the studio one days, trying to think up idea for a new manga, and happened to see an issue of Wolverine sitting beside one of the Naruto tankobon with Sasuke on the cover. "Yes! We can make loads of loot off of this!" he shouted in glee, before scribbling some character designs with thick, jaggy lines and skipping off to the Chief Editor's office to present The Next Big Thing. This is probably unfair of me, but with three episodes down and still not caring about the characters at all, indications are uniformly bad. Unless someone tells me that it has a sharp improvement later, this one's a lock for discard.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I once heard someone describe Needless as a show someone tried to make terrible, and somehow failed.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead