Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Verse, Same As The First...
Second Verse, Same As The First...
Okay.  Take the weekend of Hurricane Irene, and replay it 50 degrees F colder.
That's the last few days. 
And just like the first time around, lots of power outages, broken trees, and I drove into work on Monday morning to find that we don't have power and that I should go home.
It would be funny except the storm's destruction is far worse this time around, particularly north of route 287.  Two places on my route to work the road was forced into a single lane by hanging, broken branches.  At one point I had to detour around a pair of trees that had fallen across the road and still hadn't been removed.  At another I had to drive under half of a telephone pole leaning out over the road and supported only by its wires.  From Bedminster on north, it looks like someone dropped a bomb on the place, then hosed it down with ice and snow.
So anyway, I drove back and ended up spending the day at home doing laundry and sleeping... and I have just realized that Halloween is all but cancelled, if not officially then practically, in our area because of the storm's after effects.  In past years, 5 PM has been the beginning of the peak TOTing period.  Today?  One kid, about 20 minutes ago.
Good thing we only buy candy we like.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Glad to hear you're okay.

I'm told (from posts on the Daz forums) that parts of Connecticut still don't have power back. I remember what that was like from the Great Ice Storm, last decade (although living across the road from a fire station means our block gets power back fast in this sort of situation.)

Oh, and Bob?
Quote:At another I had to drive under half of a telephone pole leaning out over the road and supported only by its wires.
Don't do that, man. Those wires are not designed to support the weight of a power pole. The half-hour you save by not detouring isn't worth your life.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I had a tower explode...

pics tonight
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

[Image: VsMJB.jpg]
[Image: DS6ma.jpg]
ruh roh!
Album is here.
Imgur album
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

When you said that you had a tower explode, I thought you were talking about a computer!

Anyhow, nice repair job. I can see that you reinforced the hell outta that thing. Smile