Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who's celebrating the mononumeral day?
So who's celebrating the mononumeral day?
That would be today, naturally, 11/11/11, and especially at 11:11:11. I was on the way to the dentist in the morning, but having napped off my screwy reaction to the anethetic I expect to be good for the PM.

Anyone else?

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

At the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, it is traditional for those of us in the Commonwealth to observe a moment of silence for those who died in the Great War and the wars after that one. It's more a day of commemoration than of celebration here.

That said, I'm heading off to a birthday party in a few minutes...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

The company I work for had a major project release at that time, but that's about it.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Armistice Day, yes. Latterly Veteran's Day in the USA, when I set aside my shame for how national policy has shaped up for the past decade or so to, as mentioned, honor the people who sacrificed and gave of themselves for the things we're letting slip away. Most of that is done during the aftrernoon however, or the AM incidence of 11:11 for those looking to line up eight ones. I speak of the once a century six ones in a row, however.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Our new President was inaugurated today with pomp and ceremony worthy of our origins. A mate of mine rear-ended someone. Eirtakon 2011 kicked off. And the WW1 commemoration is planned for Sunday, as the first official engagement, IIRC.

To those who came back...and to those that did not..cheers!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Now that it's over, I find it amazing that we got through 11/11/11 without going to 11...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012