Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many can you identify?
How many can you identify?
[Image: loadsofanime.jpg]
From the RPG.net forums. I can regognise a scary amount, but can't be assed.

<Peers at teeny-tiny type below the lower right corner&gt Copyright 1990? No wonder I don't recognize any of them...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's 1996.

Half the animé I can recognise didn't exist in 1990.

There's EVA, for one. I found AMG, Macross... Gunbuster. Kei and Yuri. The whole Leijiverse is in there. And a lot of Gundam

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I also spotted, Ushio and Tora, Luna Varga, Moldiver, The Knight Sabers, both in and out of suits, some Bugroms, some Youma and Daemoons from Sailor Moon, practically all of Miyazaki, Space Firebird, Astroboy, Vampire Princess Miyu, Bugs from AHG, Slayers, the Fushugi Yugui cast, the Maison Ikkuku (only recognisable because they're drinking), Lodoss War, UY, Battle of the Planets, Appleseed, Akazukin ChaCha, AMG, Gunbuster, KO century beast warriors, Akira, Legend of Galactic heroes, Ozanari Dungeon, . . . . .

Dartz, Jinx... where did you spot them? Give the rest of us some guideposts - that's how you play this game.
--
Rob Kelk

Well, the Gunbuster crew are almost three levels straight down from the Macross, and a little to the left. the Leijiverse is free and clear at the top, you should be able to spot the Arcadia wrapped in the Galaxy Express.... right beside what looks like Totoro. Beside the SDF-1 is the Yamato. beneatht the Yamato peering over the top level is Giant Robo. Astroboy is a little to the right of that.

The eva cast are about 5 levels down on the right.... near Catbus. To the right and down one level is Lupin. Beneath him a bit is New Dominion Tank Police. (Wait.... they even have Billy Fanward and crazy knife lady from the ADPolice files there with civilian Sabers. Cool.0

Beside the Hardsuit Sabers on the left is the Macross crew themselves. The Sailor senshi are pretty much smack in the middle.

Ushio and Tora - orange furry thing on top of guy with spear. upper middle.

Luna Varga - girl on top of godzilla (Varga) top left.

Moldiver - just under pink space station.

Knight Sabers in multiple locations.

3x3 eyes, second row far left.

Bugroms in muyltiple locations.

Whole bunch of sm characters across middle.

A lot of Miyazaki charactrers flying (you think he likes that?) across top.

Sapce Firebird standing on egyptian robot.

astro boy and legend of galactic heroes, top, slightly right

guyver and black jack and cutey honey, second row far right Gally just benief them, then ruin explorers.

gunsmith cats top right.

Miyu was somewhere around there . . .

Bugs all over the place.

MI just beneath Ushio and Tora

UY about five rows further down.

I hope you don't mind if I give up there.

Grandpa and the girl from Roujin Z are at the left of the bottom green tier, but that and the miniature Inbit Gurabs along the bottom row are pretty much all I can pick out that hasn't been mentioned. Though, it's the pretty much the whole El Hazard cast on that row right under the Mooniverse, not just Bugrom, and putting the DD Girls right above the Bugrom so they form a buggy block is kind of niftish.

- CD, A step above 'hmm,' a step below 'nifty,' niftish

ETA: I think Mega Zone 23 is represented in the bottom row, from the balding guy with a Gurab right in front of him who looks like a clown bast the brighty-dyed ones and at least as far as the next Gurab, but there may be more than that.

ETA2: Oops, those are Igaa, not Gurabs. Eh, I never was that big on Genesis Climber Mospeada anyway.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Okay, I was in too much of a hurry. I stand corrected.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

who's the group in black left side, 8 rows up. Look like their all in black, near the infamous "ganaix bounce" girl from the opening of Golden Boy?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

I imagine that Ryoga is looking for the rest of the Ranma 1/2 cast.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Star Ranger4 Wrote:who's the group in black left side, 8 rows up. Look like their all in black, near the infamous "ganaix bounce" girl from the opening of Golden Boy?
Don't know, but that's Ital and Sahari from Genesis Survivor Gaiarth riding their "horse" immediately to their left.

As mentioned earlier, the next row down has all the ADP/BGC characters (and Ryouga). The row below that one is filled with Gall Force characters.
--
Rob Kelk

Fuchikomas all over the place too. An almost row of Bugrom. Gundam characters taking rows. Patlabor middle 4th row from bottom. I also think we've some Con-personalities/BNFs scattered in there too. Also hasn't this been on here before, back in the ezyboard days. I do think it's popped up over at the UF board too seeing that a percentage of the characters present have also appeared there too.

OMG! I love this image! Had it lurking on my HD for a while now.

Oh, and get a load of this. EPU's Zoner is in there. Just look for him among the fan section. Smile

blackaeronaut Wrote:OMG! I love this image! Had it lurking on my HD for a while now.

Oh, and get a load of this. EPU's Zoner is in there. Just look for him among the fan section. Smile

Found him! Near Mugi and just above Kei.

Looking at this just made me feel my age.... sad....
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

I recognize about half of them. Of course it helps that there is about half a row of 'me'.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

CattyNebulart Wrote:I recognize about half of them. Of course it helps that there is about half a row of 'me'.
Bwa?  Elaborate plz?

blackaeronaut Wrote:
CattyNebulart Wrote:I recognize about half of them. Of course it helps that there is about half a row of 'me'.
Bwa?  Elaborate plz?
Referring to the character in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gall_Force]Gall Force who's an puppet droid collective based on the one person. Think what the NBSG Cylons could've been (Am I right?).

Rod H Wrote:
blackaeronaut Wrote:
Bwa?  Elaborate plz?
Referring to the character in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gall_Force]Gall Force who's an puppet droid collective based on the one person. Think what the NBSG Cylons could've been (Am I right?).

Yup. Look for the similar looking characters underneath the BGC crew. Here have an extra row of me;
%[link=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/683/moe142788bodysuitcattyd.jpg/][Image: moe142788bodysuitcattyd.jpg]

It's amazing how many people fail their obscure anime lore rolls.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

It woudn't be obscure if they didn't, would it?

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Dang, who can you guys miss the Yamato Galaxy 999 and the Arcadia next to the Totoro on the top tier to the right?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

or Outlanders...
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Super battleship Atragon is up there too.... Id assumed they were all well recognized enough that mention wasnt needed?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children