Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is what I find when I start with one YouTube video and start clicking on links from it...
This is what I find when I start with one YouTube video and start clicking on links from it...

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Argh. And for some reason, Yuku cut out the second half of those embeds.

-- Bob
---------

Moe, Larry Cheese! I REALLY hope that's as entertaining as it looks. I'm going to take my dad to see it. MAYBE my mother too. It doesn't have to be GOOD it just has to not SUCK.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I went and saw the movie Chronicle today (not bad) and it had trailers for Battleship and Stooges. They look better than I had at first expected.
And you discovered why Hollywood needs to be bent over an taken roughly from behind without even the common courtesy of a reach-around.
In all seriously - Jack the Giant Killer looks like it might be worth your hard earned... MIB... Just kill me now... The Stooges with gratuitous Jersey Shore material (Though they hint at some nunsploitation; but not in a good way), Battleship?  I would say that is the bottom of the barrel, except Adam Sandler's Candyland is also in the making.  Next up Pauley Shore starring in Boggle - he hasn't got the words;  Michael Douglas in Monopoly 'He gets out of jail free' and the not-awaited Eddie Muphy fat suit film Yahtzee where he plays 21 different dots.

And don't miss Daniel Day-Lewis in the performance of a lifetime as Green Peg in "Lite-Brite: The Movie."
-- Bob
---------

Snakes and Ladders . . .. 

Pong: the Motion Picture

Pick two action stars - it really doesn't matter which. Dialog is endless repetition of "You keep the ball on your side!", "No, you keep the ball on your side!"
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Jinx999 Wrote:Snakes and Ladders . . .. 
Starring Samuel L. Jackson (I'm sick of these motherf*cking snakes on these motherf*cking ladders!)

"You keep the ball on your side!", "No, you keep the ball on your side!"
In Pong, the buddy comedy of the year, The Rock and Nicolas Cage share a hotel room double bed with Hitler.

The sad thing about "Battleship" is that it looks like it might be a fun alien invasion film, except for the fact that they're tying it to the toy. They could have even just called it "Battleship" and changed the title font and made no mention of Hasbro, and I think it would have looked a lot more appealing.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Which, I agree, makes no sense to me. How do you get a movie out of that particular game/toy?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

It's a fight to the death in an enclosed, constrained arena, between two opponents who know only the barest amount of information about each other. I'm thinking that, from what I managed to gather from the trailer (forcefield enclosing the battlefield, radar unavailable, having to fight your enemy blind), it's actually a rather clever way of approaching the concept of the game without being a slave to its appearance.

Odds on someone actually saying, "You sunk my battleship!"? Depends on whether they play that line seriously or for humor's sake. I'll bet it shows up in the context of an earlier exercise or simulation, rather than the actual conflict.
-- Bob
---------

This is the first I've heard of these movies, and I was seriously thinking for a moment that none of them were real because of the Battleship movie among them. No, really. I looked at the thread and thought, "Ah, a running gag--everyone really seems to be sticking to it, too." I looked at the thumbnail (or initial frame? Link frame?) for MIB3 and thought, "That's not really Will Smith, though the resemblance is uncanny." I thought these things because, I considered them all more likely than a movie about freaking Battleship even being seriously considered, let alone realized. Well, the not-Will Smith looked a little too much like Will Smith, so I watched the MIB3 trailer to confirm; it was Will Smith. That raising further questions, I then watched the Battleship trailer. Then I checked Wikipedia to further confirm. It had an article there.

That is the level of disbelief I had, faced with a Battleship movie. Am I living under a rock, naive, or just weird? All three? I can't help but feel that life is imitating art here--and by art, I mean The Onion. Two great tastes that go great together!

I have my doubts about Battleship being a worthwhile film. After all, it stars Rihanna, which means that you'll get to see her in US Navy coveralls while soaked in seawater. Let me tell you from personal experience: That doesn't leave much to the imagination. Ergo, this will be the film's big moneymaker. Personally, I'm tempted to watch this film just so I can call bullshit on just about everything they pull.

blackaeronaut Wrote:I have my doubts about Battleship being a worthwhile film. After all, it stars Rihanna, which means that you'll get to see her in US Navy coveralls while soaked in seawater. Let me tell you from personal experience: That doesn't leave much to the imagination. Ergo, this will be the film's big moneymaker. Personally, I'm tempted to watch this film just so I can call bullshit on just about everything they pull.
Whereas I want to watch it because it looks to be the second coming of Independence Day. :lol

Seriously, I enjoy Jason Statham flicks. My standards aren't high for a flashy popcorn film
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Stuff is gonna blow up, Liam Neeson is gonna chew on the set, and it's all going to be very silly. I'm looking forward to it.