RIP Moebius
http://journal.neilgaiman.../remebering-moebius.html
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Damn... Can't say I was an active fan of his works, though I loved anything of his I saw. But I recognized its significance, and it was huge. Especially on the likes of Miyazaki and others in the manga/anime field. Not to mention films like The Fifth Element and Tron.
Here's a further link to Anime News Network's coverage that points out what I mean.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... asses-away
Quote:Moebius also worked on Little Nemo - Adventures in Slumberland, Alien, Tron, The Fifth Element, Panzer Dragoon and many other film and game projects worldwide. He maintained a friendship with manga creator and anime director Hayao Miyazaki (another artist initially attached to Little Nemo) for decades; he named his own daughter after Miyazaki's NausicaƤ of the Valley of the Wind, and both visited Miyazaki and his son Goro Miyazaki in Japan.
I especially think it's poignant what is said in the update/addendum:
Quote:Another peer, manga creator and anime director Katsuhiro Otomo, posted an open message addressed to Moebius on Sunday. Otomo mused about how distant is the horizon that Moebius drew, and asked if Moebius may wait for him there if he is able to go there himself. Otomo explained that he still had more that he wished to say to Moebius when they meet again.
Rest in peace, Moebius. Heaven gets a new architect of dreams.

I wish that I could deliver my condolences to Miyazaki-san and Otomo-san. If I could, I would share with them one of my favorite bits from one of my most treasured books:
Quote:"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?" --Jonathan Livingston Seagull