Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas that sound like something from SJG's 'Munchkin'
Ideas that sound like something from SJG's 'Munchkin'
At the moment, I have only one.

The game already has (and is infamous for) the Unnatural Axe, but how about Random Axe of Cruelty? Each time you make an attack with it, you have to roll an additional 1d3 to see where it's alignment falls on the good-neutral-evil spectrum, and it has +2 to hit and damage per step away the target is, but also does 1/2 its bonus in subdual damage to the user if they are off from its current alignment. . It always has an additional +1 vs Law, and will damage Lawful users 1 extra hp as well. Against magical defenses or damage reduction it always works like a +2 weapon.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Ooh, another one: The Deadly Neuro-Tocsin. Made from the skull of a banshee, any living thing which hears the peal of this small bell without protection from Death magic must immediately save or die, their entire nervous system turning to glass and shattering.

Come on, everybody! Anyone can play this game, all you need is a pun and the will to fire it!

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

#3: The Random Axe of Kindness. Actually an amulet in the form of an axe, at intervals the owner must roll 2d3 to find out its alignment on both axes (snicker) and has one point of Fast Healing for each one that matches their own until the next roll.

#4 The Wand of Wander. Technically a Wand of Teleport, and will identify as such until tested, but the location is always the greatest possible random deviation.

- CD
--

There are always the old standbys, the Mace of Sharpness and the Glaive-Glaive-Glaive-Guisairme-Glaive...

Oh!

#5: The Shadow of a Doubt. A bronze medallion, the sight of which causes confusion amongst one's enemies about their own abilities, but only if the medallion's possessor is standing in a poorly-lit area (specifically, in shadows).

#6: The Shadow of a Redoubt. A portable fortification that disappears if exposed to direct sunlight or left in complete darkness.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

25 or 30 years ago, I came up the Ice Cube: a small cube of enchanted crystal which served as a magical time bomb. On detonation, it produced an omnidirectional effect with the extent and damage of Cone of Cold.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

About ten or twelve years ago Offsides and I were brainstorming ideas for a Munchkin expansion -- this was before any of the genre Munchkins, but (I think) after Unnatural Axe. One of the cards we came up with, well, a later set included an implementation of the same idea, but I always liked our version: The Gender Bender, an item that would let you switch your sex at will, with an illustration spec that described it as "looking disturbingly like a pair of blacksmith's tongs".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Something more for Munchkin Impossible, the Sharp Suit. As in the creases have a razor edge.