Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avengers

Enh. who knows what they're going to do with him for the next movie. If it's Whedon doing that one too, I'm completely fine with it.

s3yang Wrote:Enh. who knows what they're going to do with him for the next movie. If it's Whedon doing that one too, I'm completely fine with it.

Right until he Joss' Pepper Potts for no reason!
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
The Avengers
Just back from seeing the Avengers - Hulk and Thor - best bro-fist ever.

Rev Dark Wrote:Just back from seeing the Avengers - Hulk and Thor - best bro-fist ever.
Just saw it myself.  My god that had me in stitches.  Also... Note for Would Be Dictators: Do not belittle the happy-funtime-Hulk.
Yeah.  Having Joss Whedon do this thing was the best call the guys at Marvel could have possibly done.  I just know Joss had the time of his freakin' life doing this film.  It practically oozes from the screen.

Finally saw it last night.

Oh YEAH.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I saw it last night too (and I had both of the end credit bits).  I don't often go to see a movie twice at the theatre, but this might be one of those few.
I was amused by Ironman calling Hawkeye 'Legolas', partially because I had mentally made the same reference a few minutes before.8P

THAT was a damn fine movie, that was.

WOO
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Timote Wrote:I saw it last night too (and I had both of the end credit bits).  I don't often go to see a movie twice at the theatre, but this might be one of those few.
I believe this would be fitting...
[Image: 91f36a41153598de05076f0ef7f62cd65b41ba0c.jpg]

And since seeing it, I can't help but find my mind drifting onto the idea of a NanoStep with Doug arriving in time to help with the big battle... or better yet, the Girls. (Makoto flirting with Thor in mid-fight and mid-flight, anyone? )
-- Bob
---------

Hell, I'm doing that with my CoH characters. It's not that surprising though. It's some of the best superhero fight sequences we've seen on the big screen before.

(The main image is Alice, Derick and old Will Bishop in the Hawkeye role. Arrows EVERYWHERE.)

Matrix Dragon Wrote:Hell, I'm doing that with my CoH characters. It's not that surprising though. It's some of the best superhero fight sequences we've seen on the big screen before.

(The main image is Alice, Derick and old Will Bishop in the Hawkeye role. Arrows EVERYWHERE.)
*looks for the "Do you want to know more?" button*

Just saw it last night, and in 3D. I don't think it really needed the 3D, and it was the source of my only (and rather minor) gripe with the movie: during the big battle scene at the end, some of the cgi didn't quite mesh with the 3D, and ended up looking slightly off. The 3D made it so it felt as if the cgi was on a slightly different layer than the rest of the action, and the perceived distances didn't feel quite right.

Otherwise though, it was awesome.

I loved the interactions between Banner and Stark.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I skipped the 3D although I usually go for it these days, because it was the variety applied to the film after it was filmed, which no doubt was the cause of the problem you noticed.
-- Bob
---------

Ah, that would do it then. I was not aware of that. I will admit that I was the only person in my group that actually noticed that, though. Also, the design of the 3D glasses the theater used were rather poor (small lenses, frame pinched my head a bit too tightly), but that isn't the movie's fault.

Also, what was that dropping jail cell thing supposed to do when the ship isn't airborne, anyway?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:Ah, that would do it then. I was not aware of that. I will admit that I was the only person in my group that actually noticed that, though. Also, the design of the 3D glasses the theater used were rather poor (small lenses, frame pinched my head a bit too tightly), but that isn't the movie's fault.

Also, what was that dropping jail cell thing supposed to do when the ship isn't airborne, anyway?
Given that it is supposed to be tough enough to contain the Hulk (at least for a little bit) I'd say that it was heavy enough to sink.  That, or it floods the instant it hits the water.

Jorlem Wrote: Also, what was that dropping jail cell thing supposed to do when the ship isn't airborne, anyway?
I suspect that was one of the reasons the helicarrier was in the air.