Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ch 7 - Invisible Touch
ch 7 - Invisible Touch
When Doug played 'Invisible Touch' and touched Lisa's forehead, he temporarily granted her TK (and much more, but that's not what I'm puzzled about).
Is this song explicitly supposed to power-up one person that Doug touches on the forehead rather than himself? Is it supposed to power-up any number of people if he traces the rune on their forehead?
Or is there still some lingering effect from his previous use of "I'll Play For You" (Seals & Croft) that allows Doug to grant the power to Lisa instead of himself?
(I LIKE the idea of meta-songs such as "I'll Play For You", but I should take speculation on that subject to "The Game Everyone Loves To Play".)
--Indexfiles aka Index aka J.W. Harris
BTW, Bob, Drunkard's Walk is VERY good fan fiction, and better than many books I've paid for.
Re: ch 7 - Invisible Touch
Quote:
Is this song explicitly supposed to power-up one person that Doug touches on the forehead rather than himself?
Yes, but only if they're a she.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Basicly Yes. I'll Play for you allows for doug to transfer a power that would normally affect himself to another person.
What happened that was out of the ordinary, was that Lisa was a latent mage, so was able to do more with it than doug expected."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Valles has the right of it. "Invisible Touch" is defined as allowing Doug to give the V&V Telekinesis power to a girl or woman. "I'll Play For You" in that situation is actually redundant. Plus, it only lasts for the next following song, and only if Doug activates the next song on his next action. "Invisible Touch" was the second song after "IPFY", and was several minutes later.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Let me note that this isn't the only song that Doug has whose power is to give a power to someone else. For instance, "I'm So Hot For Her (And She's So Cold)" by the Rolling Stones gives Doug fire powers and an unpowered woman of his choice ice powers -- and if there's no qualifying woman nearby, nothing happens!

-- Bob
---------
The country song 'Superwoman and Incredible Man' would be another that gives two people powers.
--------------------
Tom Mathews aka Disruptor
I odn't know it, but yeah, sounds like it.

-- Bob
---------