Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's The Saga Of Weird Coincidences Time Again
It's The Saga Of Weird Coincidences Time Again
So, Peg and I have the broadcast of the most recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony on the TV this afternoon, and Donovan's segment comes on (and if you haven't seen it, it's a great; he did most of his thank you speech in the form of a poem he wrote for the occasion).  Anyway, as he was performing some of his music afterwards, I idly said to Peggy, "You know, I think 80s-90s teen movie star Ione Skye is his daughter."  She grabbed her laptop off the couch next to her and said, "I'll look it up."  I nod and walk into the kitchen.
A couple minutes later I hear this shriek of laughter.  I come back out and Peggy begins regaling me with information she's gotten off IMDB.  As it so happens, this RnRHOF induction is practically a family reunion for Ione Skye.  Her father's inducted.  Her former boyfriend Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers, is also inducted.  As well as her first husband, Adam Horowitz of the Beastie Boys.
Peggy's still laughing.  And now trying to find out what Donovan has his doctorate in.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Doctorate
If the universe were fully twisted it would be in urology.
That's Dr. Mellow Yellow to you.