Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Mania! Internet Video Thread III

Heh. I'd love to hear a clean version of that without the audience participation.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Then try this one.

--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Oh, cool. Thanks!
-- Bob
---------

IT COSTS 120,000 DOLLARS TO FIRE THIS UNICORN FOR 12 SECONDS!!!!

Party Rock Cantina!

Everyone has seen Madoka Magica by now, right?

-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

NSFW. NSFW

Gilbert Gottfried + Fifty Shades of Grey.

Whadya Call it?

THE ARISTOCRATS!!

Beyonce and Chubby Checker Mashup

''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

And now, the weather:

-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Gaga over Potter....
...sorta. ?(aaaand, embeds STILL don't work for me)

(Edit by Bob: It works for me.)

"Sorted This Way" -- while I'm not impressed by some of the lyrics (busted rhyme schemes here and there annoy me in song parodies), I have to admit that's quite fun. I'm going to have to show that to Peggy.
-- Bob
---------

And NOW the embed shows up.  I can NOT figure out why I have such erratic luck with these things.  It doesn't seem to matter which computer or browser I'm using....

And, yeah, "Sorted This Way" is hardly the best scansion/rhyme I've ever heard in a filk.  But it's fun, so I'll overlook its flaws.

Um, Skye? I put the embed in for you, since I never have a problem with it.
-- Bob
---------

You use the old embed code, copied into the HTML mode of the new post window, right? I find it helps sometimes to press post while in html mode, as switching back and forth messes up the embed on occasion, so that nothing shows up, not even text.
-----

Jorlem Wrote:You use the old embed code, copied into the HTML mode of the new post window, right? I find it helps sometimes to press post while in html mode, as switching back and forth messes up the embed on occasion, so that nothing shows up, not even text.
Nononononono... that's where you're messing up.  You don't paste the embed code directly into the new post window.
Okay, so visualize this.  New post window has all those funky little icons at the top of the text box, right?  If they're not, turn your scripts on or else you won't be able to do this.  Scripts on?  Good.  Now, there's an icon to the left side of the 'Edit in HTML mode' icon.  It looks like a Youtube window.  Click this.  It will display a new tool bar directly below the main one.  It will have 'Video Search' with a text field, followed by buttons for YouTube, clipblast! and Google Videos.  And to the far, far right side, there is another button that says "ADD FROM HTML".  This is the button you want.  Click it.  A new text box pops up.  This is where you paste the embed code.
WARNING: Make sure that before you copy the embed code from YouTube, you have the "Use old embed code" box checked or else it will not work.  It's kinda hidden under option menus, so you gotta dig for it.  But trust me, it's there.
ETA: Bob, if I write a 'How to embed video clips on Yuku' post, would you be so kind as to sticky it?

Sure, but the way you describe is not the only way to do it. I don't use that method, for instance.
-- Bob
---------
The Fall of Cybertron

Why do I see all sorts of crossover possibilities with this?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Sure, but the way you describe is not the only way to do it. I don't use that method, for instance.
Go ahead and PM me the details.  I'll see about getting it all put together tomorrow (Saturday evening).

What browser do you use? I use Firefox at home and IE at work, and it works differently in the different browsers.

*Blinks* I use Firefox... but I don't see how IE handles things so radically different that it changes how you do it. To my knowledge, Yuku's interface should work the same - it either shows up, it doesn't at all... or is it just plain broken in IE?  (Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me, especially if you're stuck with an older version at work - in which case someone needs to beat the crap out of your IT department's head.)

-- Bob
---------
I meant to post something along these lines days ago...
The complete San Diego fireworks show, 7/4/2012:

-- Bob
---------

All the more reason for San Diego to BRING BACK SKY SHOW~!!!! After living there for 18 years, seeing this just makes me laugh at them.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...