Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prometheus Music Sale (Filk music)
Prometheus Music Sale (Filk music)
I thought some of you might be interested in this.
Prometheus Music, a small independent label (I think that is the right term), which specializes in filkmusic, is currently having a sale.  Through Wednesday, if you buy their new cd, you get 25% off any of their other cds.  I'm particularly a fan of their album To Touch The Stars, which is filled with some excellent space filk music.  Julia Ecklar's Divine Intervention cd is also really really good.
All the details are in the link at the start of this post.
Also, if you go to their catalog page, you can then go to each album's page, and listen to the full songs on each album before buying (and download mp3s for a few of the songs).  Its really nice.
Edit:  Changed the thread title slightly.
Also, it's been a while since I last bought a cd from them, but IIRC, when I ordered the cd, I seem to recall being sent an email with a download link for the songs on said cd, so I could start listening right away.  It was quite nice.  I don't know if they still do that, but I expect that they do, unless I am misremembering.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I bought a couple of their CDs myself a couple of years ago (and anyone in the Fenspace project MUST get a copy of To Touch The Stars. I mean, come ON.)

Their policy then was not only to send you a download link, but to give you explicit permission to distribute up to three copies of the album to others.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.