Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters!
RE: Kick ALL the Starters!
I did end up backing RWBY: Combat Ready, and I note that as of the 24th, they blew past their final stretch goal, which was to include an upcoming character, as-yet unintroduced in the series (and who, given the few details given and the shipping date, probably won't appear until late in V6 at the earliest). (I'm happy, though, because the goal I really wanted to see made was the inclusion of Penny in the game, and that happened a few more days back.)

Anyway, over $600K and still 4 days to go.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
*nods* they've stated that the 'new character' will be a sub-boss (Like Neo), so I'm assuming they will be a White Fang luitenant for Adam Taurus (Cinder and Torchwick already having sub-bosses)
For any still considering getting in on the RWBY boardgame kickstarter, it's at 15 hrs and counting.
It closes at 1pm Eastern, Oct 30
And they've unlocked their final stretch goal, which lets a fifth player run the villain. (EDIT: Which is probably fairer than letting the entire Team RWBY plus Penny whale on any villain, even Cinder.)
But not as fun. <grin>

When the time comes, I'm definitely ponying up for some of the extras.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
I'll just leave this here:

A manual, 35mm SLR camera.

With special modules designed to take legacy lenses.

I may have to wallet-dip for this one.

EDIT: And it's already funded

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
The Goblins Animated kickstarter (which I linked on the previous page) has been canceled, but they're relaunching it on Indigogo, with streamlining as suggested by various backers of the Kickstarter version.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gobli...nimation#/
For any fans of White Wolf's Onyx Path's new World of Darkness Chronicles of Darkness, the second edition of Changeling: The Lost (a Storytelling game of beautiful madness bittersweet truths) is over 160% funded as it approaches the 48-hour mark:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200...nd-edition

This is the first time a CofD second edition has gotten a Kickstarter, but this augurs well toward the proposed second edition KSes for Hunter: The Vigil, Geist: The Sin-Eaters and Mummy: The Curse.
(09-28-2017, 05:12 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Oooo neat!  A RWBY boardgame!

The game looks kind of cool, but I ultimately decided that given a) I'm not so much a RWBY fan as I am a Hazredous Interrputions fan, and b) I have no one around here to play a game like that with, that it didn't make sense to spend money on it.

On the other hand, aaaaaaah!! *flail flail* Why didn't anyone tell me that there was a Arcana Heart kickstarter going on?!

Thankfully, they've got preorders going on backerkit for a bit longer.

And in a different sector of PC gaming, but with almost as small a time to get involved, Find Me looks pretty interesting.

-Morgan.
Some people have Worm SIs with phenomenal cosmic power.
My Worm SI is Emma and Madison's therapist.
For those who missed the first one, OGRE Miniatures Set Two has six days to go.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847...ures-set-2

This set covers the Pan-Euro units (set one provided Combine squishies). Each set includes:
a Mark IV Ogre
a Fencer (with Fencer-B turret)
6 Superheavy Tanks
4 Mobile Howitzers
6 GEV-PCs with 3 infantry each (infantry are compatible with those from Set 1)
12 Light Tanks
12 Light GEVs

And the $75 pledge level currently gets you five of these, plus an extra Ogre and Fencer and a pair of heavy tanks.
At $140 this doubles, at $210 it triples.
If they can make it to $75k (they're at $63k as of this posting) they toss in a set of Set 1 (in grey).
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Ambition, a game about playing a girl trying to enter French high society in the lead up to the French Revolution and survive and exploit the intrigue and upheaval to her own betterment. As it's a roguelike nothing, even the conclusion of the Revolution, is quite certain.
A Flash Gordon Savage Worlds setting (already past the initial goal and well into stretch goals)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545...age-worlds
It's time to bring out the wurst in web comic humour...
Irregular Webcomic!: Prepare for the Wurst

This was "fully funded" in 36 hours, but DMM isn't going to break even unless all of the current stretch goals are met.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
OGRE Miniatures Part 2 is in its last couple of hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847...ero_thanks

Get in before it's over and get an entire army or three for cheap.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Damn, missed it! I was planning on checking in on it to see if I could back it. Guess we keep using the cardboard here.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
(11-27-2017, 07:43 PM)JFerio Wrote: Damn, missed it! I was planning on checking in on it to see if I could back it. Guess we keep using the cardboard here.

I'd be willing to take contributions towards adding to my order when the pledge manager opens.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

(11-26-2017, 10:09 AM)robkelk Wrote: It's time to bring out the wurst in web comic humour...
Irregular Webcomic!: Prepare for the Wurst

This was "fully funded" in 36 hours, but DMM isn't going to break even unless all of the current stretch goals are met.

There's 10 days left as I post this, and unless there's a massive uptake in pledges, DMM is going to take a bath on the project. (He isn't even at the first stretch goal yet, which puts him maybe halfway to breaking even. The perils of setting the "all or nothing" target so low...)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
A hell of a way to be reminded that (a) family comes before making web comics, and (b) Canadian health care isn't perfect.

Becky’s Rally Against Cancer

Anything you can spare...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Triplanetary has launched.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847...ace-combat
...Which is less useful to me than it might be, being in Canada and all.
-Now available with copious trivia!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200...m-aeon-rpg
Trinity Continuum RPG Kickstarter. You can get the core book for the revised Trinity Continuum RPG line and the Aeon setting book.
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Three days left for the Trinity Universe RPG Kickstarter, where you can get both the system Core Book (good for Jason Bourne style action campaigns) and the futuristic Aeon Setting book (which has all of the interesting Psionic rules). If you're a fan of the 1st edition Aeon RPG, the $15 electronic bundle option is up to 15 titles and access to the Kickstarter manuscript previews (which means you've got several hundred pages of rough draft text from both of the new books).

The PDF bundle includes:
•Trinity Rulebook 1E PDF
•Trinity Player’s Guide 1E PDF
•Trinity Technology Manual 1E PDF
•Trinity RPG Quickstart 1E PDF
•Trinity Field Report: Extrasolar Colonies 1E PDF
•Trinity Field Report: Alien Races 1E PDF
•Trinity Field Report: Psi Laws 1E PDF
•Trinity Field Report: Media 1E PDF
•Trinity Field Report: Oceania 1E PDF
•Trinity: Hidden Agendas 1E PDF
•Luna Rising: Psi Order ISRA & Luna Sourcebook 1E PDF
•America Offline: Psi Order Orgotek & FSA Sourcebook 1E PDF
•Terra Verde: Psi Order Norça and Sudamérica Sourcebook 1E PDF
•Shattered Europe: Psi Order Æsculapian & Europe Sourcebook 1E PDF
•Stellar Frontier: Psi Order Upeo wa Macho & Extrasolar space Sourcebook 1E PDF

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200...escription
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
The Trinity/Aeon Kickstarter has reached a few more stretch goals, so the 1st edition PDF bundle is now up to 16 books for $15 with just over one day to go. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200...escription
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rrp...ts/2120399

Palladium officially gives up on ever being able to produce the rest of the Robotech Minis game, announces they are losing the Robotech license and will be clearancing remaining stock.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

i was wondering how Palladium was going to handle Harmony Gold losing the Macross license... Now we know.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The newest Girl Genius comic kickstarter is up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gir...ject_build