Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters!

... damn. If only they did supers... But still, I think I'll kick in on this one.

(Been looking for affordable custom action figures for years -- there are a couple outfits out there which do them, but they're pretty pricey, or at least were the last time I checked. I've been wanting to give all the Warriors players figures of their characters for Christmas for near on a decade now, but it's been too expensive. Miniatures, though... that could be affordable, and we could use them in play...)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Okay, I'm down with that kickstarter. It's given me an idea for a IG objective marker.....or dare I say more of one. Now, I just need to find a blind-bag alicorn...or three. I've also still have yet to do anything with my Bombshell Babes mini's too.

--Rod.H(who can build but not paint)
"Huh, that don't match the step one result of the Reaper guidesheet."

I didn't post it here because it was basically EVERYWHERE.

But we're now in the last hour of the Kickstarter for Keiji Inafune's Mighty #9

I think we can say this one's something legendary, Megaman's fans have decided it's time to light up the night one more time.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Cosmic Star Heroine
I'll just leave the Kickstarter synopsis here:- New turn-based RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World. Inspired by Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star & Suikoden. PC/Mac/PS4/Vita.
-- Acyl

Well, since we're all posting games at the moment, I'd like to mention Hyper Light Drifter.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Well, there's also The Phoenix Project: City of Titans - Kickstarter copy text below:
Missing Worlds Media presents City of Titans, the superhero MMORPG being developed by The Phoenix Project in the spirit of City of Heroes. Our goal is to deliver a unique massively multiplayer online roleplaying game, created from the community of a lost universe, to build a new community for a new world. A brave new world containing a wealth of player choices, from costumes to powers, it continues the traditions found in its spiritual predecessor, daring to reach for new innovations no other game will touch, while standing firmly on the feel and spirit of the old. Players will be able to choose their own adventure, tell their own tales, and have their own agency in a superhuman world.
-- Acyl

In "why didn't we hear about this before" news, there is a kickstarter for a new Shantae game... and it's only got 13 hours to go. o.O

-Morgan.

This game looks interesting: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hin ... er-surviva
It seems that they will make the goal.

It's currently a draft, not a live Kickstarter, but Mr. Woodhead is taking suggestions for goals:

BGC on BluRay Region-free BluRay. Maybe - maybe - with ADPolice Files.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Robotech Kickstarter has finally posted the full 3-mode image of their version of the VF-4.
[img]http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/205/654/11fe4efb2ae2c32d48189d8be2044bd1_large.jpg?1382061193">
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

A new Wuxia-Fate kickstarter by Vigilance press is running - Tianxia: Blood, Silk & Jade.

RMH
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein

Ok, So it's probably been talked to death, it doesn't really need more money (25 Mill and Counting) but for awesomeness sake and (completeness) you can still pledge for Star Citizen both on Kickstart and on the website!
And for anyone who doesn't know what it's about?  Four simple words - Chris Roberts is back...

i.e. FPS Space sim/dogfighter MMORPG universe/civilisation building on S.T.E.R.O.I.D.S!

this looks like it could be an interesting RPGhttp://www.kickstarter.com/projects/143 ... ell-and-mo

robkelk Wrote:It's currently a draft, not a live Kickstarter, but Mr. Woodhead is taking suggestions for goals:

BGC on BluRay Region-free BluRay. Maybe - maybe - with ADPolice Files.
It's live. It's already funded. All the premium and early-adopter tiers are already sold out, except for the "visit the studio" ones at $2,000 each.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

another miniatures based kickstarterhttp://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro ... miniatures

Got a few to list:
The Astronomy Legacy Project seeks to digitize 220,000 glass plate photographs of the night sky. Sadly this one looks like it hasn't managed the necessary traction, 12 days left and only has pledged $10k of a $67K goal.
Ryuutama is a cute and fun looking Japanese tabletop RPG. This project is raising money to fund an English translation. It was apparently quite anticipated and blew past its goal in less than 24 hours. The basic concept is that the NPCs of a fantasy game get the urge to travel. You don't play a knight or a wizard but a merchant or a farmer or perhaps a noble. The intro says that some have called it, "Hayao Miyazaki's Oregon Trail."
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

I just got email notification that my copies of Ogre and my Ogre swag have been picked up by Fedex in Texas from Steve Jackson Games. Woo-hooo!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

And I came home to my Ogre email today.  Now to roll the dice and play the always fun game of 'how many times can the CBSA and the courier company exchange the parcel before it leaves customs."
-- 
"Those librarians are a sharp bunch."
 - Calvin, _Calvin & Hobbes_

Oooo... WANT THIS SO MUCH

A movie made from actual NASA photos. The KS is for doing a soundtrack for this film to go into science-center IMAX theaters and the like.

Costume Fairy Adventures has me kind of torn - it combines two of my favorite things with one thing I don't like at all.

Plus a lot of references.

-Morgan.

Megaman: The Board Game. Currently at $250k from a $70k goal, with over three weeks left to go... and out-of-USA backing goes live on Monday the 30th.
The game is by Jasco, the current owners of the UFS card game system.  The game pieces are by Ninja Division, who are also doing the minis for the Robotech wargame.  The game itself is available at the $90 level.
Right now, it's just MM1- they've got five of the original six Robot Masters, and Oil Man and Time Man from the reboot game on PSP.  Cut Man unlocks at $300k, an upgrade to full-color minis unlocks at $500k, and from there, they start in on later games in the series.
EDIT:  Also, there's Kung Fury.  It feels like Far Cry: Blood Dragon: The Movie- massively cheesy, so 1980s it almost hurts, and absolutely hilarious.
Kung-fu cop goes back in time to to defeat kung-fu Hitler (The 'Kung Fuhrer').  Then there are the Vikings... and the dinosaurs.  It's precisely as awesome/silly as it sounds.
//www.youtube.com/embed/72RqpItxd8M

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

And here's one that should really hit a few targets around here:

http://novusaeterno.com/

Massively Persistent 4X Space Strategy - they're calling it a MMORTS - a cross between Starcraft (Build cities and armies onfrom your planets) and Sins of a Solar Empire (fight big honking space battles with the ships you built) in a procedurally generated Online Universe that never stops. You get a home solar system. Everyone gets one. There are hundreds per galaxy and hundreds of galaxies... and OMG!!! at the graphics and soundtrack. 

It's already fully funded through a combination of Kickstarter and Investors - and I play it - so its not vapourware.

Everyone here has heard of Wakfu, right? Well, Ankama is looking to kickstart an English release of the show.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Hey, remember the Astronomy Legacy Project kickstarter, that was trying to raise funds to digitize a large collection of old astronomical images?

Well, they're having another go at it, over on Indiegogo. I wish them the best of luck.
-----

Here's one:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... eliverance

Realistic single-player RPG set in medieval Europe. Open-world sandbox with period accurate melee combat. Dungeons & no Dragons. Already had over a million dollars worth of development put into it by investors, but until recently publishers weren't interested. 
65 hrs left on kS as of 18/2/14