Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&C: DWII/15 (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, YOUR OWN FAULT!)
C&C: DWII/15 (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, YOUR OWN FAULT!)
Quote:
"No."
Well. Sylia's entire attitude doesn't surprise me at all. The fact she actually finally responded to Lisa's impassioned pleas, however, pleases me. She's not the COMPLETE ice queen, even if she is the quintessenial one.
I like the Zodiac Squad. I expected them to pop up after rereading 14 and saw that some of them escaped. Their individual personalities came through fairly well, especially in their way of dealing with the 'disguised' Knight Sabres.
Quincy: Hmm. Bob, do you have an urge to start your own company? Please don't - it would upset Peggy if we had to bankrupt you for the world's own good.... Other than that, geez - he could be almost any gamer geek gone mad. (And yeah, I think something went broken in his head - most 'normal' gamers PREFER to play the hero, at least in their own heads... and as noted earlier, most people already think they're the hero. And he chose the Villian just to make sure that a Hero Comes Along...)
Jennifer's switching between modes: yeah, I can see why that would be jarring, and also see why she'd do it - now that she doesn't have to worry about the possible unpleasant ramifications, why not remain in child-mode?
You know, it occurs to me that Genom STILL has Doug's DNA samples, and it's not mentioned that Madigan had them destroyed...
Madigan's 'resignation': she had to make a choice, and from the character development it was pretty obvious what she would make to the readers, especially when she realized just what a lunatic (as opposed to a Loon) that Quincy was.
(Dear Megatokyo: Sorry about the weird weather lately, it should calm down now. Regards, Col. Sangnoir.)
(Dear Mr. Quincy: this is why you don't wire your life support system to the same system as your system to remote-control your Boomer avatar. Regards, Col. Sangoir.)
Is it me, or did the imagery for the 'true' Quincy seem to come from BGC2040? The description reminded me of it considerably. And I'm certain a lot of people are wondering just what the hell happened.... But now we know more about what the Over Mind System was - Quincy's ability to create avatars.
What song is being quoted when Doug shot-puts UberBoomer Quincy's noggin?
And the rest... is batting clean-up.
Doug cooks well enough for the chairperson of Genom to be impressed, and then reinforces her ability to think that things can change if she wants them to change. (and the ring... makes sense, really.)
Quote:
There's a reason there's no god of stand-up comedy!"
Brilliant!
The departure... Sylia accepted his apologies, and yeah, after all that happened, the last thing he needed to do was taunt anyone at all.
Lisa, as we suspected, popping up with a magegift activated; Madigan getting Quincy's files and then circular-filing tem, then coming up with a way that she and the Sabres can find something in common to work with; ; Priss's relationships with Jennifer and Leon and that the Angry Sabre is finally happy...; the Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang reference (which I snickered at considerably once I parsed it all - the fact that the car wasn't describe well at the beginning had me confused until the sails opened)
Hiroe gets to emigrate! Cool. This may end up being interesting in later steps, depending. (maybe the reason they were willing to take the chance was that these were the Senshi that had encounted Doug ten centuries before... the Sailor Moon step on the Walk.)
The reason for the 'Kilroy Was Here' images, and what they meant - and the fact it was possible, and said so, in Doug's tests! - and what it means for the Boomer population, perhaps, worldwide... I'm not completely sure I like Kilroy's attitude, seems too much for the 'chaos for chaos's sake' rationalization, but he may be thinking of it being test for more.
What will Sylia do with her gift? Hopefully, once Nene and Lisa come running to her, hand Lisa the package of books.
and Toshi and Yui. Well, they did have the most concerted burst of magepower put into them, along with the divine power, so we should have expected... Megatokyo in 2050 should be a much different place. (Hey, there's an idea for a Shadowrun game now... or BESM D20...)
Final grade: A+. Ties it up, the loose ends are supposed to be loose... because the Last Unicorn said it best:
"There are no happy endings... because nothing ever ends."Brazil has decided you're cute.
Re: C&C: DWII/15 (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS, YOUR OWN FAULT!)
Quote:
Hmm. Bob, do you have an urge to start your own company?
Not at all. I'm much closer to the young Quincy than to the "supervillain" Quincy.
Quote:
(And yeah, I think something went broken in his head - most 'normal' gamers PREFER to play the hero, at least in their own heads... and as noted earlier, most people already think they're the hero. And he chose the Villian just to make sure that a Hero Comes Along...)
Note one other irony. As Priss said in that same conversation, no one wakes up one morning and says, "I think I'll be a villain."
Except Quincy.
Quote:
You know, it occurs to me that Genom STILL has Doug's DNA samples, and it's not mentioned that Madigan had them destroyed...
Quote:
Is it me, or did the imagery for the 'true' Quincy seem to come from BGC2040?
Pure coincidence, probably convergent memes or something. I had the final confrontation between Doug and Quincy outlined and semi-written as far back as 1997.
Quote:
What song is being quoted when Doug shot-puts UberBoomer Quincy's noggin?
This one.
Quote:
Doug cooks well enough for the chairperson of Genom to be impressed
That doesn't take all that much, you know -- remember, Madigan's been living on microwave gourmet lasagne.
Quote:
and the ring... makes sense, really.
No one had ever asked, but I knew that sooner or later someone would want to know why Lisa hadn't just seen his wedding ring on his hand and backed off.
Quote:
Brilliant!
Thank you.
Quote:
and yeah, after all that happened, the last thing he needed to do was taunt anyone at all.
Which is a difference from my original notes and drafts from way back -- as originally envisioned, he went out in full obnoxious jerk mode. But at that stage, the Sabers were somewhat more like friends, and could take it as the humor it was intended to be.
Quote:
the Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang reference (which I snickered at considerably once I parsed it all - the fact that the car wasn't describe well at the beginning had me confused until the sails opened)
It was supposed to. If you figured it out too early, it wouldn't have had quite as much impact.
Quote:
(maybe the reason they were willing to take the chance was that these were the Senshi that had encounted Doug ten centuries before... the Sailor Moon step on the Walk.)
Could be, could be. It's certainly an interesting idea, isn't it?
Quote:
Megatokyo in 2050 should be a much different place. (Hey, there's an idea for a Shadowrun game now... or BESM D20...)
Hm. I'd be willing to play in that...
Anyway, I'm glad you approved! These last couple days have been murder; I kept second-guessing all manner of details, and my prereaders kept pointing out little issues that needed fixing. I'm glad it's more or less finished.
At least until Chris and I start work on DW5...

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Likewise, kudos. Excellent all around.
From your earlier comments, I expected some difficulty in the hire-the-Sabers scene, but I did *not* expect Sylia to refuse outright. (Nor did I expect the diamond to prove worthless - despite it having been mentioned just a chapter or so back that Doug got jewelry-quality gems made on order...)
Somehow I never made the connection between the Quincy mystery and the "Doug mustn't know about transfictionality yet" principle which has been around for so long. Excellently done. (Do I remember correctly that Doug's middle name has not previously been mentioned? A quick grep through the text doesn't find anything obvious...)
I shudder to think what's going to become of Lisa with the new Sailor thing. Especially if she has trouble figuring out how to change back. Her magegift I expected, though - but it was nicely done, and I the apportation bit is a well-planted gun.
The Chitty Chitty Bang Bang scene broke me as soon as I recognized it, when the wings swept back; you caught that turn of phrase just perfectly, it captures the feel of that cut-down-the-telephone-poles wings-opening scene from the book exactly right.
I have six errata, of varying degree, to point out; two are typos, three are phrasing suggestions and one is an error in source material. Should I post them here, or send them privately, or what?
Wow Bob a nice piece of work. You know in the end Quincy's plan worked to some degree. Superheros are going to start appearing in small amounts with the mages first but still.... that's the thing that gets me just this time there will be no living Quincy to "guide" them. Also as Mephon pointed out since someone still has samples of Doug's DNA a rouge part of GENOM could start producing people with meta-abilities. As someone said before 2050 Megatokyo is going to be interesting.

Shawn Earl
Re: Parfum
Quote:
since someone still has samples of Doug's DNA a rouge part of GENOM could start producing people with meta-abilities
The GENOM Cosmetics division is going to start doing that? Well, I guess they are used to doing experiments on animals, so probably that experience could prove useful.
Quote:
As someone said before 2050 Megatokyo is going to be interesting.
Especially since the original, archetypical 'super-team' - the ones who established the local bylaws and traditions, and who are still around to put any upstart kids who get above themselves back in their place - are nothing more than canned crunchies.
I think that the fact that metas, however powerful they may be individually or as a group, won't be a match for a properly deployed and supported powersuit will have a big impact on the local social dynamics - there won't be any real -reason- for an X-Men style 'mutant panic', since neither of our emerging superhuman interest groups (boomers and mages, respectively) will be powerful enough to overwhelm the culture and interests that are already in place, which in turn means that the only real change will be the addition of terms like 'wagemage' to the popular vocabulary.
You know, the more things change...
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Doug, I *AM* your father...
Well, Bob managed to turn several SI cinvetntions on his ear again. I note that he wasn't quite bold enough to truly SI himself into Quincy's role, though
The Zodiac Squad... Good job in maintaining the intial mystery of who they were. I didn't parse it until they were in the 'ready' room, and responding.
Sailor Loon: ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!
CCBB finally getting to fly. Looks like I'm the only one who parsed it before they actually took to the air. For me it was 'It'll be the coolest" that made the connection.
Only one final thought.
Chris, I'm gonna have to come up to Toronto and crack a whip over you to get OMB finished so the two of you can get to work on DW5"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Hah! Man, I SO called it! I KNEW Quincy was Bob (or Bizarro-Bob/AntiBob/PseudoBob, whatever you want to call him) and said as much on this forum after chapter thirteen came out!
(Dave does the Pylean Dance of Joy)
This makes up for my *so* egregiously wrong guess on Doug's gate song.
Sailor Loon- great stuff! Lisa's apportation was nicely foreshadowed, as were the Sabre's boomer suits. I'm the *teensiest* bit disappointed with Doug's long goodbye (it made dramatic sense, but seemed a little too much "and I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow!" for me) But now I'm just looking for nits to pick.
A grand finale to a grand adventure. Congrats, great work, and here's looking forward to DWV!
Bob, you've helped me start my weekend off perfectly. An excellent & satisfying ending, I must say. Now the only bad thing is having to wait until the next DW story arc starts. Good things come to those who wait, though, so I'll be OK. Smile
I wonder about something. I've only seen the plot concept of a villian doing what he/she/it does in order to spark opposition from a worthy hero once before, in the movie Unbreakable. Is this something that's popped up in other stories that I haven't read?
- ro
That... that was so...
(shields electronic equipment)
WAAAAH! (Tendou Wail #532: I Just Read Something So Cool I Have To Cry. Very few authors can do that to me, Bob--you've just joined Diane Duane and a handful of others.)
Quincy's eeeeevil plan assembled itself in my head just before I read the paragraph bringing up Ultraa. (I remember Ultraa. I'm old.) I do want to know, with the above poster, did you have this in mind before (or without ever) seeing Unbreakable?
Mind you, this isn't the same deal as that M. Night Shyam...Sayam... Shyamalamadingdong movie. n.n; But it's kinda close.
Now, I just have one teeny little quibble...
Mr. Schroeck, you have been LYING to us! Many of us (myself included) deduced that Quincy must have been a gamer whose character was Doug... but then we dumped that hypothesis because of your oft-repeated statement that Doug wasn't going to learn about transfictionality for several more Steps.
Well, he knows about it NOW, doesn't he? Just because he's dismissed it as a one-time fluke doesn't mean he doesn't KNOW about it...
All right, that's out of my system. Good show, old bean. Excellent quotage (particularly the BoNwM and the Hypertime Speech from TK). And man am I looking forward to the next one.
And I hope to someday see more stories set in this... this, for lack of a better term, Awakened BGC world.
I miss the gang already, y'see.
--Sam Ashley
"End? Nothing ends. Nothing ever ends."
Wanderer said:
Quote:
Likewise, kudos. Excellent all around.
Thank you.
Quote:
Do I remember correctly that Doug's middle name has not previously been mentioned?
Not as such. He did use it as part of a quick pseudonym right in the first chapter, and the fact that his middle initial is Q has been known for a while. But I've been "hiding" his middle name until now. Because it would have given the whole thing away. As it was, either Logan Darklighter or Starranger figured it out anyway something like three years ago on the old Hostedscripts board.
Quote:
I shudder to think what's going to become of Lisa with the new Sailor thing. Especially if she has trouble figuring out how to change back.
Nice of you to notice that. The transformation to is now something of a macro -- notice that she didn't consciously do anything except speak the trigger phrase -- but she's never de-transformed her clothing back.
And now she doesn't have handy-dandy Disintegrating Doug to help her get out of her ersatz Senshi outfit.
Let me just say that Sylia's either going to get a new technology or a very bad migraine out of the process of getting Lisa into some different clothes.
Quote:
you caught that turn of phrase just perfectly, it captures the feel of that cut-down-the-telephone-poles wings-opening scene from the book exactly right.
Thanks, although I have to admit that I haven't read the book in quite a while, so I wasn't consciously emulating that scene.
Quote:
I have six errata, of varying degree, to point out; two are typos, three are phrasing suggestions and one is an error in source material. Should I post them here, or send them privately, or what?
A separate thread here would be okay; I share my failures as well as my triumphs, you know.

-- Bob
---------
Koryimran said:
Quote:
Wow Bob a nice piece of work.
Thank you.
Quote:
You know in the end Quincy's plan worked to some degree.
Yes it did, that's one of the ironies that I've spent a long time designing into the story. He was seriously nuts, came up with a ridiculous, delusional plan, and it worked -- mainly because one of his underlings got greedy and coopted the work of a genius, thus setting in motion a long string of destiny.
Quote:
As someone said before 2050 Megatokyo is going to be interesting.
Yeah, it will, won't it?

-- Bob
---------
Re: Parfum
cpt kangarooski said:
Quote:
The GENOM Cosmetics division is going to start doing that?

<snrk>

-- Bob
---------
Star Ranger4 said:
Quote:
Doug, I *AM* your father...
Quote:
Well, Bob managed to turn several SI cinvetntions on his ear again. I note that he wasn't quite bold enough to truly SI himself into Quincy's role, though
Oh, come on, you know I'd've gotten dismissed as "just another Carrot Glace" if I'd done that.
Quote:
Sailor Loon: ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!
And if all goes according to plan, this won't be the last time you see her, either.
Quote:
Chris, I'm gonna have to come up to Toronto and crack a whip over you to get OMB finished so the two of you can get to work on DW5

-- Bob
---------
Re: Well whaddya know, it disintegrated
Quote:
And now she doesn't have handy-dandy Disintegrating Doug to help her get out of her ersatz Senshi outfit.
Meaning that Sailor Loon will be the first heroine ever to _want_ to be tied to a log at the old sawmill.
Bakadring said:
Quote:
Hah! Man, I SO called it! I KNEW Quincy was Bob (or Bizarro-Bob/AntiBob/PseudoBob, whatever you want to call him) and said as much on this forum after chapter thirteen came out!
Yes, you did. But obviously I couldn't say anything about it.
Quote:
(it made dramatic sense, but seemed a little too much "and I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow!" for me)
Yeah, it ran longer than I wanted. I'd actually had it cut shorter, but my prereaders felt that Doug needed some closure with Sylia, so that stretched it out a bit more.
And damn, I wish I'd thought of using the Scarecrow line! We already had a Tin Man, after all...
Quote:
A grand finale to a grand adventure. Congrats, great work, and here's looking forward to DWV!
Thank you. I can't wait to get to work on it. It's a lot more structured at this point than DW2 was at the equivalent stage in its development. Although Chris and I really have to go over my existing story line and blend it thoroughly into his world, I will venture to say that it's more tightly plotted, and probably will be a shorter, faster-paced piece.
Of course, I thought DW2 would be over in about 5 chapters when I started. Don't trust my estimates.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Hah! Man, I SO called it! I KNEW Quincy was Bob
Just a nit to pick - Quincy wasn't Bob - he was Doug. As Bob has pointed out before, Doug was not his first V&V character, and as such is a direct analog. So Doug was Quincy's SI, if you will...

Offsides (who's been eagerly awaiting peoples heads to go *pop* Smile)
Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Since everybody's in the process of giving their thoughts...
Quincy's Plan: It's probably a bad thing that I looked at his ranting and thought "You know, I should try that," isn't it? Especially with the evidence suggesting that it works. And even if it doesn't, I'd still end up with the entire planet to toy with.. hm... %)
Quincy's Downfall: Of course, every villian has his one overlooked detail that brings him down, and Quincy is no different. In this case, he didn't think to get a better read on his "creation" before enacting his Master Plan.
It's obvious, after all, that when Quincy went fishing for a superhero, he didn't get the Doug from his campaign world, he got the one from Bob's. And it's the one, almost inconsequential difference (Quincy's Warriors apparently were like the JLA, whereas the Warriors Doug knows are more like the Green Berets.) that queers the whole plan in the end.
Doug's Departure: "Maybe I'll come visit *you* next
time," she said with a little laugh. "You never know, right?"

FORESHADOWING: Your key to quality literature!
The Various Epilogues: The return of Sailor Loon... I wonder what'll happen if/when Lisa tells Madagan. That would be a worthy scene.
Priss and Leon settling into domesticity, Nene and Linna joining the Open Source Antigravity movement... (Is a flying penguin the mascot? Or should I not go there?)
Hiroe and her leap of faith - I admit I'm hoping we hear from (or of) her again in the Sailor Moon step - not to mention Ohara & Co. getting hassled by the Loon in absentia.
Major props go out to Ed for his epilogue, for the callback to one of Waid's better comics and just for writing a damncool bit of story.
All in all, I deem this to be Worthy of my precious time and cannot wait for whichever DW is coming up next?
--Mr. F
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
ro said:
Quote:
Bob, you've helped me start my weekend off perfectly. An excellent & satisfying ending, I must say.
Thank you very much.
Quote:
I wonder about something. I've only seen the plot concept of a villian doing what he/she/it does in order to spark opposition from a worthy hero once before, in the movie Unbreakable. Is this something that's popped up in other stories that I haven't read?
Not that I know of. Again, like other elements of the story, this particular twist predates Unbreakable; in fact, I remember commenting on the similarities to Peggy after we saw the movie, and worrying about this very question. Like I said about the resemblance of Quincy to his 2040 version, it's probably just that the same set of influences converged for me as for M. Night Unspellable.

-- Bob
---------
Koryimran:
Quote:
a rouge part of GENOM
Is that the division responsible for red boomers? Jeanne

Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Evil Midnight Lurker said:
Quote:
WAAAAH! (Tendou Wail #532: I Just Read Something So Cool I Have To Cry. Very few authors can do that to me, Bob--you've just joined Diane Duane and a handful of others.)
First, your Tendou Wail amused Peggy greatly. Second, thank you. As I've mentioned elsewhere in the forums, Diane is an old friend and to be counted with her is an honor and a privilege.
Quote:
did you have this in mind before (or without ever) seeing Unbreakable?
See above, but in short, before. I established Quincy's motivations way back, circa 1998 or so; it was one of the last things to gel about the story.
Quote:
Well, he knows about it NOW, doesn't he? Just because he's dismissed it as a one-time fluke doesn't mean he doesn't KNOW about it...
He knows it's possible. He probably even more or less realized that it could happen before he went on the Walk. But, what he doesn't know, and won't know for a long, long time, is that the entire friggin' multiverse runs on it. The fact that not only is there a whole "BGC sector" of universes, but that in a whole other raft of universes there are authors whose work shapes and guides those worlds is a concept he will not encounter until Legion and Minerva start discussing it casually with him in DW10. And he will have a hard time believing in that kind of cross-timeline causality -- until they bring out the hard evidence: Issues #1 through #200-and-some of the "Warriors: Alpha!" comic book (written by Jim Quincy, pencils and inks by Vince Russell).
Quote:
Good show, old bean.
Thank you.
Quote:
Excellent quotage (particularly the BoNwM and the Hypertime Speech from TK).
Well, you can thank Ed Becerra for that last one; he wrote all but one paragraph of the Sylia epilogue, four years ago.
Quote:
And man am I looking forward to the next one.
You're not the only one! I have some great ideas that I can't wait to share with Chris.

-- Bob
---------
Re: Well whaddya know, it disintegrated
Quote:
Meaning that Sailor Loon will be the first heroine ever to _want_ to be tied to a log at the old sawmill.
Well, getting out of the outfit would be neccessary, but if she's going to hang around with the Knight Sabers it could be useful to not ever actually 'detransform' in the sense of powering down. I *would* say that all she has to do is run herself out of energy and it'll take care of itself, but with that huge node underfoot to constantly replenish her that might take some doing, or at least a hastily planned trip somewhere else.
- CD, and I do mean HASTY, one bladder will only hold so much, after all
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Wow with a capital W. Perfect cap to a badass series. And knowing that there is more to come makes the usual touch of sadness at the end of a series dissipate.
Quote:
Snipped Bizarro Doug
I've never seen love of gaming taken to such extreme and dark lengths. I mean, talk about wish fulfillment gone bad.
Quote:
Ah, but you see, my dear Douglas, I am not following the conventions of popular fiction and films, but of our gameworld, of *your* homeworld.
But don't you see! Arcanum never took over the world, he took his pail and went to play in another sand box. And by making super heroes, you ensured that you'd be beaten. Its the Law, you can't get around it. It'd be like falling up Smile And he made the classic villain mistake, he kept Doug's helmet handy allowing for a Miraculous Victory. Now that I think about it, the best way to take Doug permanently out would have been to pop his eardrums.
Quote:
"She bailed on you, dude," I announced, openly laughing at the old man as he gaped at me.
Up until now, I couldn't really get the feel that Doug was raised in SoCal. But that's just so Left Coast its funny, besides its normal comedic value.
Quote:
Snipped Doug VS Quincy
Great drag out fight. The idea of Quincy waiting for a natural 20 really appeals to me.
Quote:
It was the pain that told me I was back in the real world.
Aint that the truth.
Quote:
"Can you pass on a message to that friend of yours I never did meet? The one with..."
Bing! A winner is you! In all fairness to Doug, it did take others years longer to come up with that answer.
Quote:
"Thanks. I'll wear it with pride when I get home. I'll really be able to tell them 'been there, done that, got the T-shirt,'"
That'd be a pretty good trump card in an argument. "Ok, raise your hand if one of your ideas freed an entire sentient race from slavery. Hmmm, nobody. Ok then."
Quote:
"Don't go out of your way," Pink muttered in the background, but I ignored her.
Is it me, or did Nene seem to be holding a grudge? I feel badly for her; she had the rudest awakening out of the four in my opinion, and that's embittered her some. She made her peace with it, but it still doesn't sit well to see her like that.
Quote:
"One of the first signs that a person is a mage and that their gift has awakened is apportation -- items that they need spontaneously teleporting into their hands,"
Quote:
"Sailor power make-up,"
Poor Lisa. Her business card is going to get full; Lisa Vanette: Ace Reporter, Mercenary Archivist, Archmage, and Magical Girl. No story too big, no fee too big.
Quote:
Tonight she was feeling something she hadn't felt in many years.
Wonder.

I'm glad Sylia can feel that again. It's a sad sad life to not be able to feel wonder at anything.
Whew, longest post I've ever done. If it hasn't come across, I really really liked Chapter 15 Smile I'm looking forward to future Steps. Hear that Chris? No pressure! Just kidding Smile Again, great stuff Bob, you did hit this one out of the park.
[edit after I forgot something]
---------------
Oh crap. I've got Destiny.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"
Wow
I have absolutely nothing to say beyond that. I know that I usually find at least one thing to moan on and on about, but not this time. Perfect!
Oh, well, two things: Fastball was an incredibly underrated band and should've done much better than they did.
And: Okay, we have Iron Man, the Titanium Man, and the Porcupine's armours. So I guess there's not much call for Dr. Doom's slate grey armour full o' tricks that can somehow absorb the powers of the Silver Surfer, the Beyonder and a Watcher. With a dress.
Hmm . . . what else:
Oh, you have to do at least the first part of DWIII, if only to see Doug's reaction to Sana's world. PLEASE!
-murmur
Who says that it ended a lot more satisfying than Cerebus. What the hell was up with that?
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a rouge part of GENOM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that the division responsible for red boomers?
Jeanne

Bah. I'm sure red boomers exist. Plus there are many good uses for red dye. Apples are red as well. I'm sure a rouge part of GENOM does them all in DW2. Wink

Shawn Earl
(who now will never again combine english, german, and work in the same thoughts while posting here again Smile