Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with a list of anime for In Nomine
Need help with a list of anime for In Nomine
In Nomine Anime received electronic publication to e23 this week. I mentioned a thread on the In Nomine forum about an expanded filmography for that book, and the SJGames.com webmaster expressed interest in linking to the list if it was all in one place.

So http://web.ncf.ca/fm536/in_nomine/ina-filmography.html]it's now all in one place.

But it's incomplete. Anybody want to help fill in the gaps?

I know I want short-short writeups of these titles:
  • Angel Tales/Tails (Hiroaki Maki and Mari Okada, 2001)
  • Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) (Kazue Kato, 2011)
  • Chrono Crusade (Daisuke Moriyama, 2003)
  • Cutey Honey (Go Nagai, 1973, 1994, 1997, 2004)
  • Death Note (Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba, 2006)
  • Devilman (Go Nagai, 1972, 1987)
  • Haibane Renmei (Yoshitoshi ABe, 2002)
  • Jigoku Shoujo (Hell Girl) (Takahiro Omori and others, 2005)
  • Kobato. (Studio CLAMP, 2009)
  • Makai Senki Disgaea (Kiyotaka Isako and Atsuhiro Tomioka, 2006)
  • Miracle Melmo
  • Pita Ten (Koge Donbo, 2002)
  • Rozen Maiden ("Peach-Pit," 2004)
  • Serial Experiments Lain (Yoshitoshi ABe, 1998)
  • Shuffle! (Naoto Hosoda and Masashi Suzuki, 2005, 2007)
  • Spirited Away (Hayao Miyazaki, 2001)
  • Steel Angel Kurumi (Kaishaku, 1999-2001)
  • Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (Yasuhisa Kubo, 2010, 2011)
And from what little I've heard about the brand-new Kamisama Hajimemashita, I suspect I want a one-paragraph writeup of it for the list as well.

If you know of a suitable anime that isn't on the list or already in the expanded filmography, I'll take a writeup of it as well. (And if you don't have the creators' credits, I can get them from Anime News Network's encyclopedia.)

I will of course provide credit for the writeups... but that's all I can afford to provide.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Tenshi ni Narumon! 1999 Studio Pierrot. Sadly the official release only ever got the first volume out before the Anime bust hit.

It's a wacky magical girlfriend comedy... kind of like a combination of Bewitched and The Munsters.

The ep below is in Raw Japanese.

Edit because I'm a dummy and didn't realize it was already there.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I'll give this a shot:

Death Note (Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ohba, 2006) : Light Yagami, one of Japan's top highschool students, receives the Death Note from the shinigami Ryuuk, which allows him to kill any human within 45 seconds just by writing their name in its pages. What follows is a plot consisting of plans and gambits layered upon gambits and plans as Light seeks to use the power of the Death Note impose a new world order free of criminals and undesireables, while the authorities try to track him down with the aid of a special investigator known only as L.

EDIT... I'm an idiot. I just realised you wanted them in an In Nomine context.

You might want to look at Kamichu!.
Or for something subtler, Hikaru no Go can be interpreted as a ghost maturing as a person and achieving his destiny and ascending to heaven.

Kamichu! is already on the list.

I'll add Hikaru no Go (Susumu Nishizawa, Jun Kamiya, and Tetsuya Endo, 2001) - thanks!

(As soon as the server starts responding again, that is...)
--
Rob Kelk

...Oh, right, most of the list is behind the link rather than in the post, whoops.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Seeing 18+ stuff on there makes me tempted to come up with an entry for Makai Tenshi Jiburiru. Although there'd probably be some major mechanical differences, since while soldiers are *useful* in IN, I'm not under the impression that the usual best combat tactic for both sides is to empower one and point them at your enemies.

For mood whiplash, Pita-Ten... just going by the anime (since the manga has major differences which I'm not entirely clear on)... that's kind of tricky. The "protection" aspect of Cherubim suits Misha, but she lacks the single-mindedness. (To say the least.) Mercurian would probably work - she's definitely a social creature. As for a Word... well, Wind probably *likes* her, but I can't quite see her as a servitor of it. (Despite her actually doing something in one episode that was very much like the Mercurian attunement - it was granted by an item anyway.) Flowers suits her pretty well, other than having no particular connection to plants.

As for Shia, I'm not sure what she could be but an Impudite, but it's hard to tell what Word she might be associated... but whatever it is, she's not very good at it, nor very interested in it.

(And I'm specifically saying Word and not Superior, because if there were Superiors around to *do* stuff in that series, either Misha or Shia's would probably have nipped the whole thing in the bud pretty early in the series.)

I'm not sure there's any good way to fit Haibane Renmei into this framework.

-Morgan.

Twelve Kingdoms is another example of a series you could fit in by having it be an etheral kingdom - but Rakushun is a mercurian to the bone.

Morganni Wrote:Seeing 18+ stuff on there makes me tempted to come up with an entry for Makai Tenshi Jiburiru. Although there'd probably be some major mechanical differences, since while soldiers are *useful* in IN, I'm not under the impression that the usual best combat tactic for both sides is to empower one and point them at your enemies.
That can be a very effective tactic, actually. Soldiers don't create Disturbance by their actions, so they're ideal for plausible-deniablity missions.

Morganni Wrote:For mood whiplash, Pita-Ten... (And I'm specifically saying Word and not Superior, because if there were Superiors around to *do* stuff in that series, either Misha or Shia's would probably have nipped the whole thing in the bud pretty early in the series.)
If Superiors could tend to everything - even everything major - then there wouldn't be a need for Servitors...

Morganni Wrote:I'm not sure there's any good way to fit Haibane Renmei into this framework.
The best that I came up with was "a fever dream while in Trauma," and that isn't very good. So, yeah - no Haibane Renmei.

(Although now I'm starting to have ideas about one of the creator's other series, Serial Experiment Lain...)
--
Rob Kelk

With Lain herself as an ethereal?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

robkelk Wrote:That can be a very effective tactic, actually. Soldiers don't create Disturbance by their actions, so they're ideal for plausible-deniablity missions.

Yeah, but in this series Soldiers seem to have the advantage in raw power, which is kind of different.

Quote:If Superiors could tend to everything - even everything major - then there wouldn't be a need for Servitors...

Eh. I still feel that for things to happen the way they did, *something* about the oversight structure would have to be very different. Especially given the ending.

-Morgan.

Foxboy Wrote:With Lain herself as an ethereal?
Exactly.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Morganni Wrote:I'm not sure there's any good way to fit Haibane Renmei into this framework.
The best that I came up with was "a fever dream while in Trauma," and that isn't very good. So, yeah - no Haibane Renmei.
Shows what I know - cptbutton over on the SJGames forums managed to work out http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=123191]how to put Haibane Renmei into In Nomine.

Go read it. It's good.
--
Rob Kelk

When I read the first message in this thread, I said to myself, "ooh, Lain". But I see it's claimed already, with good ideas.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Oh, yes - I should have mentioned I was reviving a two-year-old thread. Oopsie.
--
Rob Kelk

You know, I didn't even notice that?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Relevant content is rarely a necro.
To wit: Angel Beats!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:Relevant content is rarely a necro.

To wit: %[link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Beats!]Angel Beats!]
Ask and ye shall receive: http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=123217]IN Angel Beats!
--
Rob Kelk

Well Ok, Rob, if you want to make a CHALLENGE of it.
Ichiban Ushirou no Dai Maou
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.