Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sequential art reqs & stuff
Sequential art reqs & stuff
I swear I'd seen or created a thread on this topic, but I can't find it -lost in the fora crash? Well then I'd best start a new one.

Right, I suppose I'm a bit everywhere in my grabbing of things to read from the mainstream or not. I've not picked up a non-digital monthly issue in years and have no doubt missed the big universe shake ups in the process of getting trades of my titles of interest.

So, I was recently surprised to see on the shelf the complete run of Hitman finally available as trades - yes, welcome to late 90s-turn of the century DC & early Garth Ennis. I still find it good and convenient that it completes my collection of trades & those individual issues I've got can stay bagged in the box.

Superman/Batman, I've still not completed getting those yet along with Gotham City Sirens, Cassandra Cain Batgirl run....

Over at Marvel...it's still Deadpool and lately X23

IDW: the odd Transformers title and I should probably get my hands on their MLP:Fim book

AP: Gold Digger, I still don't think I've got the complete run as I know there's Gold Bricks I've missed.

Red 5: I'm currently up to date with Atomic Robo, same with over at Dark Horse with Oh My Goddess (and a guilty pleasure Empowered - DYW!)

Now the question is have I missed anything interesting that's a must get in what ever format?

--Rod.H

If you like period pieces that are heavy on the relationships, I'll recommend anything by Karou Mori. ("A Bride's Story" is only available in hardcover...) Yen Press is her translator here.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I -know- I'm missing Gold Bricks, and NHS Textbooks as well... I think I have GB 1-2, and NHST 2... I -am- currently up to date with Oh My Goddess, yes... been eyeing a few other manga series (Fate/Stay-Night, Haruhi, Negima...)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.