Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Concordance Moment.
Weird Concordance Moment.
Quote:
Americanime
Revenge for "Japanimation".
So a few years back I got my talons on a book called Trouble and her Friends which I liked a great deal. (A late-term semi-near-but-not-that-near future SF book with cyberpunk concepts used in it, but much less irritating than the hardcore mirrorshades bunch.)
And that exact phrase is used in it to describe 'modern' animation from that time frame that is made in the US.
It amused me to note.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Re: Weird Concordance Moment.
Well, it's not like it's a hard neologism to come up with, after all...
BTW, the book looks mildly interesting, although it seems to have more than its share of plot elements guaranteed to have me frothing at the mouth. (No, not the lesbian stuff. The government overregulation stuff.)

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
The Government regulations on the Net form part of the plot, actually, and there's interesting concepts in it with regards to jurisdictions, and different sets of laws for them. The US has one set of laws (the more restrictive Evans-Tinsdale), and most of the rest of the world follows the Amsterdam Conventions. There's also note somewhere that Singapore has the most rigid laws....
I'll try to remember to bring it the next time I know that you and I are going to be in the same place.Brazil has decided you're cute.
Oh, I understand they're part of the plot. They'd just have me pissed off majorly, that's all.
Quote:
I'll try to remember to bring it the next time I know that you and I are going to be in the same place.
Cool. I'd appreciate that.

-- Bob
---------
Trouble...
In other words, Bob, "It's a nice story to read about, but if I lived there I'd need a large quantity of guns and a few thousand freedom-and-independance-loving friends"?
Re: Trouble...
Bingo.

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
There's also note somewhere that Singapore has the most rigid laws....
Ahhh, Singapore. We never do anything by halves. =)
-- Acyl