Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming TV Discovery
Streaming TV Discovery
I'll bet some of you already know about this, but Helen pointed us to it last night:  http://acornonline.com/acorntv.aspx]?]Acorn TV Online.  For those who aren't familiar with them, Acorn imports and packages British TV shows for the American market.  AcornTV is their streaming service, which offers a 30-day free trial, after which they cost US$2.99 a month or US$29.99 per year.  Helen convinced us to try it out, since we could watch something on Peggy's laptop with its relatively large screen instead of our currently-malfunctioning TV.  Did you know that there is a TV series of Dirk Gently by Douglas Adams?  We watched its pilot episode last night on AcornTV.
The only drawback is that they rotate their streaming offerings on a monthly basis, so the available material is always changing.  If you don't finish off an entire series before the end of the month, you may be stuck for a quite a while before it comes back up in the rotation.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Can anyone recommend other good streaming services? I'm already hooked to Netflix, Hulu, and Crunchyroll, and would like to just do away with Time-Worster Cable entirely aside from the internet service (they're the only broadband provider in my area).
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I know that SyFy and CBS both offer current shows online. You'll usually see two or three episodes up at a time, and usually a day after airing.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI