Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sailor Moon References
Sailor Moon References
Hello. I just started reading DW II the other day, and I was working my way through Chapter 11, when I noticed something odd. I may be wrong, and I'm probably not the first to spot this, but I believe that the Amazon Quartet is from SM:S, the *fourth* season, and they're associated with the Dead Moon Circus. The Dark Moon Family's defecting quartet is, I believe, the Uncanny Sisters.
Is this a research error (happens to everyone) or is it just a difference between the worlds?
Re: Sailor Moon References
Research error, most likely. Ed Becerra wrote the scene I believe you're referring to, so if there is an error, it's his. (Hope you don't mind me passing the buck, Ed! )

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Wow. Quick response. (meant quite seriously) I'm *very* impressed.
I was just curious. Thank you for answering my question.
Quote:
Wow. Quick response. (meant quite seriously) I'm *very* impressed.
I visit the forums three times a day most days -- once in the morning before work starts, once at lunchtime, and once in the early evening. Some days I check in around midnight, too. Unless something is eating my life, you'll usually see a reply to a direct question within a few hours.
Oh, and welcome to the forums; I only noticed this morning that you were a first-time poster.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Yep, that's a mistake, unless it's just a difference in the way the series' continuity evolved in the different universes. The Amazones Quartetto (to use the version of the name which has the best "that's-what-she-was-trying-for" argument among those I've seen) were from SuperS, and the Dead Moon Circus; the Black Moon Family's four women were "ayakashi no yon shimai", literally "weird/strange/eerie four sisters", commonly rendered "the four Ayakashi Sisters". Whether the error is in the name for the four women, or the name for the evil group, is another question.
Hmm... odd; I'm not finding "ayakashi" in my dictionary, even though I'm quite certain I've seen it there before...
Next time I update the chapter for some reason, I'll include that fix. If I don't update the chapter for any other reason any time soon, I'll probably do it for that...
I just have to figure out which group Ed really meant...

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
It could probably be written up as a difference in the worlds. A minor detail that changed in the multiverse. *shrugs* Just an idea.
No, I won't do that. That would be just being lazy on my part. Worse, too many "divergences", and some of the point of the similarities becomes meaningless.

-- Bob
---------
There is no spork.
Quote:
I just have to figure out which group Ed really meant...
I'm currently rereading, in anticipation of the approaching release of chapter 15, and just got to this point; with the context freshly in mind, I'm now 99% certain that the reference is to the Ayakashi Sisters.
I'll have to save that tidbit and fix the reference after I'm done with 15. Thanks!

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.