Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I should have mentioned this earlier, but...
I should have mentioned this earlier, but...
Twenty-four hours from now as I type this, Peggy and I will be on a flight to California.  Her brother Dave is getting married on Saturday in Mendota, and after we attend the wedding, we'll be spending most of a week in Monterey.  Because the overall wiredness of the world is so much greater than it was just a few years ago, I don't expect to really be off the grid for any significant amount of time, and I suspect that had I not said anything none of you would even have noticed.  But I figured I should let everyone know anyway.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I hope you and the Mrs. have a good trip, Bob.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"

Thanks, Fred!
-- Bob
---------

Have fun! (And don't buy too much over-priced Monterey Pop Festival memorabilia... you'll have to bring it back home, after all.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

As a former fellow member of the Dave Conspiracy (expelled for preferring the full version of my name), my best wishes to the bridegroom.  And, yes, have a good trip.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

I'll pass along your wishes. And thanks everyone.
-- Bob
---------

On the road from San Francisco airport to Firebaugh, where the wedding hotel is. Traveling along 101S toward San Jose, which prompted Peggy to pull up "Do You Know The Way To San Jose" via YouTube on her phone.

Right now we're finishing up a late (for us) lunch at The Counter in Palo Alto, a fantastic gourmet burger place we found more or less by accident. Highly recommended!
Edit:  Fixed misspelling.  We're now in Firebaugh, and are getting ready for the rehearsal dinner in about 2 hours.  
Firebaugh is apparently a 20-mile-wide apricot orchard with a small colony of buildings in its center. 

Edit2:  Damned cellphone autocorrect.
-- Bob
---------

Ah. wondered what way the hair-lines routed you. Know we know.

Now I just have to be able to HIT something with the darn red n blue lazers...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Well, Dave and Amber's wedding was a blast. If I'd remembered to bring the right cable to hook my cell phone up to my tablet, I'd've put the pics up on Flickr already. As it is, I'd have to go figure out how to do it from the phone, which I'm too tired to bother with right now.

Right now, we're in the Hotel Pacific in Monterey. We just had dinner at Crabby Jim's on Fisherman's Wharf, which is a block and a half away. Another highly recommended restaurant -- Peg now swears by their clam chowder, and for my part they make a damned fine steak.
-- Bob
---------