Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Images of the Day Go Fourth!

[Image: 3dprinters_zps2b21ccc5.jpg][Image: GWBushquote_zps876c5c80.jpg][Image: disneyprincessThor_zps674eeba6.jpg][Image: scarypumpkin_zpsf5732087.jpg][Image: hippopun_zps83ae19e1.jpg][Image: helooksfamiliar_zps67f8c0ba.jpg][Image: chicknorris_zps8b1f5469.jpg][Image: didyouhearabout_zpsb06335ab.jpg]

So, what D&D alignment is the Caped Crusader?

Spoilered for size:

EDIT:

http://xkcd.com/1406/:

[Image: universal_converter_box.png]

So, I've got these devices from the '80s and '90s with RS-232 ports... oops.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

He forgot about the 32-pin connectors for older style iPods. Wink

Given the sheer number of variant USB connectors . . .
(My camera, phone, kindle and printer are all different variaties)

[Image: rBcYqKb.gif]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

... That's actually kinda freaky. Like, uncanny valley even.

I'm getting a headache just looking at it.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Okay! Found these on a website I wiki-walked to by accident once:

Logos for the Austin team in a fictional sports league:

Annnd a no-leeching script, so this is a link to the specific post:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/992 ... ?p=2268258
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

[Image: superheros.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg]
A Bulgarian repainting of WWII Soviet monument...who said Bulgarians do not have a sense of humor!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: phd072814s_zpse3a0e14a.gif][Image: phdjuly2114_zps67fe862a.gif][Image: phdjuly2314_zpsdd3c2d0e.gif][Image: hcjuly2914_zpsa523022c.gif][Image: broomJuly1614_zps62b4c5de.gif][Image: rlajune2414_zps9fb681cc.gif][Image: rlaJune2614_zps9ff93d74.gif][Image: rlJuly114_zps89383152.gif]

Quote:Timote wrote:
[Image: phd072814s_zpse3a0e14a.gif][Image: phdjuly2114_zps67fe862a.gif][Image: phdjuly2314_zpsdd3c2d0e.gif]
This.  So.  Much.  This.
[Image: rlJuly114_zps89383152.gif]
And this is so profoundly accurate that it's almost scary.

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
[Image: phd072814s_zpse3a0e14a.gif][Image: phdjuly2114_zps67fe862a.gif][Image: phdjuly2314_zpsdd3c2d0e.gif]
This.  So.  Much.  This.
I second. Every fanfic writer will worship the ground whoever build a mind to machine writing walks on.  
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Great quotes from the wrong people:

[Image: tumblr_nab0tpaxyT1qb5gkjo1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nab0tpaxyT1qb5gkjo2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nab0tpaxyT1qb5gkjo3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nab0tpaxyT1qb5gkjo4_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nab0tpaxyT1qb5gkjo6_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_nab0tpaxyT1qb5gkjo7_1280.jpg]

[Image: pregnancyQampA_zpsa9ae15c5.jpg][Image: psychokitty_zps7f8a37a5.jpg][Image: MOMTHE-DOG-IS-DIGGING-IN-THE-YARD-AGAIN_zps92b95b00.jpg][Image: forget_zpscf3448d0.jpg][Image: warning_zps26318392.jpg][Image: inigo-meowntoya_zps7fd731a5.jpeg][Image: dogbeers_zpsa0565200.jpg][Image: KGB_zpsc783ac6c.jpg]

[Image: 4c3cc06b-ba1d-4772-af00-ce9b4c95b2eb_zps6d726573.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Why am I thinking Red Jacket's been there.

I think it's just a warning that the guns and their mounts are covered in lead paint and no one should be touching them. It'd be the cheapest way to effectively preserve that metal as lead paint is far superior in stopping corrosion. And these being historic artifacts I think they can get away with it. (I would always look across the bay in Yokosuka at our Japanese counterparts with envy as they exclusively used lead-based paint on their hulls. Meanwhile, our shit turns red the moment you walk away...)

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
I think it's just a warning that the guns and their mounts are covered in lead paint and no one should be touching them. It'd be the cheapest way to effectively preserve that metal as lead paint is far superior in stopping corrosion. And these being historic artifacts I think they can get away with it. (I would always look across the bay in Yokosuka at our Japanese counterparts with envy as they exclusively used lead-based paint on their hulls. Meanwhile, our shit turns red the moment you walk away...)
That's what I also thought at first. Lead in this case means "fire ahead of the target", not the element Pb. This was taken from the USS Alabama (BB-60).  She took part in the Okinawan campaign. And I agree about the paint. They were doing renovation work up in the bridge when I toured the ship. Didn't get to see the engineering spaces. Next time, tour the ship in winter. And having seen the bunk space, I am glad I served in the army.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Quote:ordnance11 wrote:
And having seen the bunk space, I am glad I served in the army.
They're a bit better these days.  Coffin lockers let us stow all our gear under our racks.  Still kinda claustrophobic, though.  You get used to it - shipboard life, especially after "Optimal Manning" leaves a person so worn out they could sleep anywhere.  (Trust me, I've taken naps despite having two or three energy drinks in my system.  And that while laid out on the non-skid inside my gun's loader room.  After that, the rack looks like a slice of heaven.)

[Image: florida-sea-level-rise-5-meters-17-feet.png]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

context Ord? I'm guessing it's some sort of 'rising sea level' thing.

Timote Wrote:context Ord? I'm guessing it's some sort of 'rising sea level' thing.
The file name is "www.global-warming-forecasts.com/resour ... 7-feet.png" - but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions here.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
context Ord? I'm guessing it's some sort of 'rising sea level' thing.
The file name is "www.global-warming-forecasts.com/resour ... 7-feet.png" - but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions here.
It's a map projecting a 5 meter/17 foot rise in ocean level by the end of this century. Southern Florida is going to be the new Atlantis, along with New Orleans. Better plan to see Miami while it's still there.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I'll be more disappointed about the Keys disappearing. Sad