Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF Images of the Day Go Fourth!

Whoever dreamed this up is an insane genius....
[Image: CharminRagna-Rocks_zps224f1558.jpg]

Oh, dear.
[Image: OneSupeTwoSupe_zps9b1f2f12.jpg]
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:Dartz wrote:
Limerick is sinking...
[Image: RkOlseA.jpg]
I forget who the manufacturer is, but they claim that their windows and doors are very much capable of this.  Now all this owner would have needed would have been a good quality sump-pump and something to cover up those keyholes...

[Image: rlaDec813_zpsab3413cb.jpg][Image: overboardJan2514_zps3adc6f6e.gif][Image: Herbdec913_zps0c57187b.gif][Image: shoeDec2813_zps55cef56c.gif][Image: CampHmarbles_zps2785388c.gif][Image: CampHfulldeck_zps1dabff9f.gif][Image: bearigloo_zps2303ab23.jpg][Image: Penguinscantfly_zps88e498df.jpg]

Oh man, those are two of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes dailies.

[Image: bachflip_zpsa63ca86a.jpg][Image: mercydemotivator_zpsaa6516cc.jpg][Image: bewareofsign_zps52750349.jpg][Image: punography_zps21398f7b.jpg][Image: coyotecycle_zpsdedadda2.jpg][Image: nationpuns_zps481af387.jpg][Image: womenshands_zpsbf817285.jpg][Image: The-Tides-Have-Turned_zpsd8ad3838.jpg]

[Image: sillywalkswatch_zpsd8b6a1bb.jpg][Image: TheDoctor_zpsd25c1c4e.jpg][Image: Docwhoselfportrait_zpsf222b48b.jpg][Image: bzzZdDb_zpse65b2acb.jpg][Image: tardiscosplay_zps8bc2b5c3.jpg][Image: armymencosplay_zps2a2f7f4e.jpg][Image: headlesshorseman_zpsc1210fb8.jpg][Image: NielsBohr_zps775f4044.jpg]
[Image: R2D2B_zpsff5284a0.jpg]
[Image: R2D2A_zps4b38f6fd.jpg]
This an actual US Postal Service Box that came out around 2007 in celebration of the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. They were popular. Too popular. You had thieves trying to jack them off their mountings. Which is a federal offense. Stealing federal property. So the decision was made to take them off the streets and "decommission" them. This is, AFAIK, only one of 2 left. This one is at an undisclosed location. Which means I was not given permission to disclose it's location. I was given permission to post these photos. Which I took. The other one is at the Postal Museum. There might be some still around in military bases, but I have not seen one either in California or where I live. If you see one, let me know.
One of the perks of my job is I do get to see once in a while some very cool stuff.

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/usps- ... -star-wars
http://www.postalmuseum.si.edu/museum/1d_R2D2.html
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: tumblr_n0j3ceved91r1c6jgo1_500.png]Not mine.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

In (dis)honor of my most recent birthday...[Image: TheBirthdayCakeis_zpsa93f28fd.jpg]

And some personifications...
[Image: Personification_zps5ce828ae.jpg]
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

[Image: heartFeb2214_zps4b9aac05.gif]
[Image: rlaMar114_zps59158897.gif]
[Image: overboardFeb814_zps5cd202c2.gif]
[Image: shoeFeb114_zps90a1b765.gif]
[Image: strangebrewMar214_zps69e055bf.jpg]
[Image: crankywolf_zpsf3bd2f46.jpg]
[Image: Hothstore_zpsf4ba40b7.jpg]

Not so much WTF as D'awwsome:

[Image: wonder_woman_and_small_fan_by_alisakiss-d2ytlle.jpg]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Without comment. I'll leave that to you guys

[Image: 24HdcLpl.jpg]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Snrk! I can dig it. Smile

I think there's at least one reference to each episode in here...

Spoilered for the consideration of people with small screens, because there's no way to make this image any smaller and still useful.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

When you've run out of excuses for a lost Airline Flight...
[Image: tumblr_n2e893Lahq1qckp4qo1_1280.png]
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

[Image: boomdock_zps9b54fedf.jpg][Image: fmc131221_zps61be6c8f.gif][Image: dilbertfeb1514_zpsa5bc2d68.gif][Image: rlafeb914_zps418e5b02.jpg][Image: ivolution20_zpsf90d8c3d.jpg][Image: dilbertJan2314_zps3ed72f09.gif][Image: rlaFeb2114_zps89855ef0.gif][Image: rlafeb1014_zps3dcd8c3b.gif]

Few from the Paddy's day Parade, taken on Dame Street. Finally got developed.

[Image: XVAqmt4.jpg]

[Image: Cw5PfAW.jpg]

[Image: 2rQYS2b.jpg]

[Image: XVbi1su.jpg]

[Image: it7xtBt.jpg]

[Image: kI4nBPO.jpg]

All of the images

The hell with New York, that's a real St. Patrick's Day parade!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It was jammed with people.

I got there an hour early, and it was still hard to get even that close. When I ran out of film, it was hard to leave. It was monstrously crowded, like half the country was compressed a few city streets.

Already ten deep before the parade starts. There's a small square just out of shot on the left that's also full of people. Then down into Temple Bar proper, which was full of people.

It was a good parade though. It's also run by the city proper, so it's a lot more open.

[Image: A-10ThunderboltII_zps2e131d89.jpg][Image: bombsquadoops_zps2d08894c.jpg][Image: customer-service_zps0a4d9fc9.jpg][Image: ex-marineteacher_zps2f5875d8.jpg][Image: airspace_zps9e74ddf8.jpg][Image: injuredinfall_zps05345fbb.jpg][Image: Obstacles-MouseMaze_zps0396fe7f.jpg][Image: motivator_LAW_zps7db12def.jpg]

Quote:Dartz wrote:
It was jammed with people.

I got there an hour early, and it was still hard to get even that close. When I ran out of film, it was hard to leave. It was monstrously crowded, like half the country was compressed a few city streets.
Already ten deep before the parade starts. There's a small square just out of shot on the left that's also full of people. Then down into Temple Bar proper, which was full of people.

It was a good parade though. It's also run by the city proper, so it's a lot more open.
Film? And there's a shop who can develop it? I have not seen a film camera since a decade ago. Good photos though.
Edit: Second photo: Who was giving the finger?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

ordnance11 Wrote:Film? And there's a shop who can develop it? I have not seen a film camera since a decade ago. Good photos though.

Edit: Second photo: Who was giving the finger?

Here's one. 42 years old(1972, IRC). Still works like clockwork. Which is amazing considering shutterspeed and aperture are all electrically controlled. There's circuitry in there to trigger a flash too, but finding a compatible flash is a bitch - it'll kill the modern digital ones.
[Image: 819240903.png?1383425309]

It's not uncommon enough to not be worth maintaining the equipment. A lot of weddings will still give out the single-use disposable cameras to guests in order to make sure there's a good stock of permanent photographs available. Not cheap though - but interesting in a weird way still. It's oddly timeless and feels a thousand times more permanent than anything taken on my droidphone. Even if it's just because it's a 4 decade old piece of electronics that still works as good as day one.

The only thing that went wrong was the digital scanner when it was being developed - the negatives are pristine.

I'm not a photographer as such, but I still like taking it out and getting it to do something - even if it's a little inane. It'd be a shame to leave it sitting on the shelf.

EDIT: Hadn't noticed that. Just some guy with a Galaxy phone. who liked to stick it in my way at every opportunity.

ordnance11 Wrote:Film? And there's a shop who can develop it? I have not seen a film camera since a decade ago. Good photos though.
There are still a few effects that you can't do digitally (at least, not easily, even in post-process).

I know where to buy film and get it developed in Ottawa. Most large cities still have at least one film store.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

[Image: veteransday.jpg]
Not just in battle. In everyday life as well.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: neopetsPSA_zps8173fd7a.png][Image: wongonsomanylevels_zpsfe73fba8.jpg][Image: chemistrycat_zps87392235.jpg][Image: kid1lady0_zps692d857c.jpg][Image: dailightsavings_zpsda96c5a8.jpg][Image: insulttoinjury_zps6e1ab4b4.jpg][Image: 2feetofsnow_zps8762c671.jpg][Image: betterhalfbar_zpsd253d039.jpg]