Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copellion, The Anime
Copellion, The Anime
A few of you may have heard of Copellion. It's a manga set 15 years after an earthquake and tsunami damaged a nuclear power plant and caused a meltdown, irradiating the area around Tokyo and forcing it to be evacuated. It was slated for an animated adaptation in 2011. Which was shelved after an earthquake and tsunami damaged a nuclear power plant and triggered a meltdown.

Well. Some footage was recently shown at a French anime event. ( I think it was France.)

It looks beautiful in animation. The original manga had a definite Japanese Stalker feel to its visuals - with genetically engineered radiation-resistant schoolgirls making their way through the decayed abandoned ruins of old Tokyo to find survivors.

Schoolgirls, why does it always have to be schoolgirls? (Ah, Japan's ultimate resource -- its inexhaustible supply of infinitely adaptable, indomitable, unstoppable schoolgirls. Who needs a trained military when you can just throw a case of guns into any random middle school and have an undefeatable special ops team form over bentos at lunch?)

Seriously, that looks gorgeous. Anyone know if it's going to be revived, or is it still Too Soon?

(And am I the only one slightly creeped out by the number of "related videos" popped up at the end that are about "copping a feel"?)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having Noir flashbacks on seeing the title?

(The Noir OP song was "Coppellia's Coffin"....)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

http://starchild.fm/anime/coppelion/

It's due in the autumn, after being delayed for two years. The manga itself never went on hiatus. It's well worth digging up... I remember it was pretty good.

The similarity might be because they're bothe drawing from the same reference. Coppelia.

And speaking of armed schoolgirls, Gainax' latest effort is a schoolgirl Airsoft society, this summer.

I still think the best Moe ever was in 'Vulpine', where Naruto summons a baby fox named Moe that is just weaponizable levels of SOOOO KIIIYOOOOOTT!!!!.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Resurrection:

Starts on Wednesday and it looks amazing. Even if some of the faces are a bit.....off. Hopefully the actual series lives up to this level of detail and it's not just for the preview. All told it seems to be a very Japanese version of STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl. And I loved that game...