Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Groan or applaud, as you see fit...
Groan or applaud, as you see fit...
So as many of you know, I'm a dilettante hobbyist homebrewer, who makes 10 or 15 gallons of beer a year.  I've recently ordered a couple custom-made wooden crates for my 24 1-liter swingtop bottle, since the original cardboard cartons are no longer up to the task of lugging around 3.5 gallons of beer+several pounds of glass each.  One service this fellow offers is laser-burning a logo on the side of the crates.  Well, I didn't have a logo, but add one family myth and one bad joke to a copy of GIMP, and before you know it, I had this:[Image: ea716c154ead0ee108beace88f635bf0f44327bf.gif]The family myth?  Well, the actor who played the character above -- Count Orlok in Nosferatu, the very first vampire movie, for those who don't recognize him -- was named Max Schreck.  Same pronunciation as my last name, and family folklore holds that he's a distant uncle or cousin of some sort.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Which does "laughing like a maniac and getting strange looks from my team members" count as?

As a teetotaler, I don't partake . . .. I've sure spent enough on booze over the years for our Hero GM. Sure, I'll give most booze a taste, assuming it's something new, but I don't drink more than a sip.

(Both of my mother's parents were alcoholics and my father's father was a Native American.) None for me, thanks.

Well definitely punny. I approve!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Well Done
Well Done sir... well done.
Depending what you are brewing a second tagline would be Embrace the dark; fear the light.

Heh. I'll have to remember that for the future. Thanks, Rev!
-- Bob
---------

Floating, falling, sweet intoxication?

I think that would be copyright infringement from Andrew Lloyd Weber though.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

its definitely chuckle worthy. i'm not a beer drinker myself, and rarely indulge otherwise.

The boxes have arrived...
...and here are some pics of the finished products:
[Image: aa61651747a30ce207791f770d8be98ad3964126.jpg]

[Image: dd826c21c9481ad4056ea50e641e73e889444b71.jpg]

[Image: f261601b49ab0ae50b8268e88abe085f08a7d426.jpg]

Mm.  That last looked more in-focus before I uploaded it...
-- Bob
---------

That what you get when you've been sampling your wares.

And sharing with the camera.

Sadly, I'm all out of wares, and have been for a couple weeks. When our cash flow improves a bit, though, I'll be making a batch of peach beer (at Peggy's request).
-- Bob
---------