Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Michael Ansara
RIP Michael Ansara
http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-2/star-tre ... ra-dead-91
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... ies-598786

One of the great supporting actors of '60s and '70s TV... or at least the TV shows that we watched.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"We need no urging to hate humans ... but for the present, only a fool fights in a burning house!"
I'm pretty sure he was on an episode of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea ... commanding a WW2-vintage sub that was way outclassed by the Seaview -- except that he was such a clever commander that it was a more nearly equal fight than you'd expect.  

Edit:  I should have read the articles first; it's confirmed that he was on Voyage.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

And, for those of us born a good bit later, he was Mr. Freeze.
Truly another one who will be missed.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:Bluemage wrote:
And, for those of us born a good bit later, he was Mr. Freeze.
Truly another one who will be missed.
Yes. Mr. Freeze was in fact his last role, as related in one of the articles above: 

Quote:And, indeed, Mr. Freeze became the one role Ansara would continually return to between 1992 and 2001. It would be the last role he would play. 2001 was also the year Ansara's son, Michael, passed away from a drug overdose.
It's not hard to imagine a man wanting to shy away from fame after the death of his son. The tragedy of Mr. Freeze, a man unable to save the one person he loves most, trapped forever in an unfeeling prison of ice, suddenly feels all too familiar.
Ironic then, that the very last words of his we as an audience would hear would be those of Victor Friez, cruelly denied a new life beyond the cold one final time, as he tells the new Batman (Terry McGinnis) "Believe me, you're the only one who cares."
I wonder how much of the pain in his voice was real at the time. I hope he found some peace in the decade since then. Believe me, we all would care. 
A salute to the Dahar Master and to the man who played him. 

Indeed, let the Klingon Death Chant be sung out.

You will be missed, good warrior.
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"