Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenOffice tech question
OpenOffice tech question
I'm working with some data in a spreadsheet in OpenOffice and trying to build a graph.
What I have is three columns: Name, X-coordinate, Y-coordinate.
Clearly the X and Y coordinates are the primary data rows for a point graph.I want each point to be labelled with the Name column.
Any pointers?Thanks!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

If anything, that sounds more like you're trying to convert a cube into a chart... and I don't have the slightest idea how to make the system do that.
I can tell you that Excel 2010 will do some very interesting (and completely unhelpful) things when you try, but I'm away from my OO install at the moment.
My suspicion is that the logic involved (if you can even make OO do the whole 'create a three-axis chart, displaying the data for the third axis as labels' thing) will be something like 'create chart with x-axis drawn from this column and y-axis drawn from that column, label each point, draw label data from that other column'.  I just don't know how OO implements it.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

When in doubt, find an expert. In this case, it's not me per se, but when in doubt, I've always done a quick net search. This should help.
http://www.openoffice.org/documentation ... Graphs.pdf
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.