Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 15, Teaser
Chapter 15, Teaser
Lisatook a moment to study the girl at her side, only to discoverJennifer doing the same. They exchanged looks for a fewmoments."So..." the journalist finally began."So..." the child-boomer echoed.There was a pause, just long enough for Lisa to start fidgeting."I'm sorry about what I said in there. About them deliveringyou to... well, you know," she murmured.Jennifer watched her with large, solemn eyes. "It's okay. You hadn't even noticed that I was in the room, and even if you had, you couldn't know that I was the sexaroid."Lisa winced. "Still, I'm sorry."Jennifer nodded. "Apology accepted." Then her entire demeanor changed, shifting almost visibly from miniature adult to genuine child. "You know," she said almost breathlessly, "I met Grampa Raven, an' I got to talk to Leon, who's gonna be my daddy, an' they warned me 'bout Uncle Mackie, an' of course I know what *they* do, but nobody told me 'bout *you*."Caught off-balance by the complete transformation of Jennifer's manner, Lisa stared for a moment and then laughed. "Well, I'm the Sabers' archivist.""You're like their librarian?" The girl's eyes were wide but filled with a knowing playfulness. Lisa nodded. "Sort of. I make permanent records out of the information in their mission recorders, so they can study them later." She led the girl out the door and into the hall, pausing only to flip the ready room light switch with her free hand. "Is that hard?""Not really." Lisa's voice continued to echo back up the hallway as the pair went deeper into the headquarters complex behind Raven's Garage. The overhead lights cast long shadows back behind them into the ready room. "I also try to get unbiased stories about them into the newspages. That'sharder.""Really?""You better believe it."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Chapter 15, Teaser
Heh. Isn't that the truth!!!"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
"I met Grampa Raven, an' I got to talk to Leon, who's gonna be my daddy, an' they warned me 'bout Uncle Mackie, an' of course I know what *they* do, but nobody told me 'bout *you*."
Good kid - don't trust anyone you don't know or Uncle Mackie! Wink
Quote:
"I also try to get unbiased stories about them into the newspages. That's harder."
Try being the operative word, and ain't it the truth!
Jeanne

Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com
go.compuserve.com/Comic

[Image: 6bf36ddc1d2c96930d75576c361a9b3f8152885f.gif]Jeanne Hedge
www.jhedge.com

"Believe me, if I have to go the rest of my life without companionship, knowing myself won't be a problem."
-- Gabrielle of Potadeia
Yay! A teaser! and more of Jessica! wonderful ^_^ nice one Bob.
Thank you -- but you mean Jennifer, not Jessica.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
I need stronger prescription glasses -__-U

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...