Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yamato 2199 Beach Blanket Iscandar! (spoiler)
Yamato 2199 Beach Blanket Iscandar! (spoiler)

From episode #24. Hey, they've been in space for almost a year - I'd party, too!

Last couple of minutes...

Oh my...

Oh there's NO lesbian subtext there AT ALL. None whatsoever.

*COUGHCOUGHBULLSHITCOUGHCOUGH*

-Logan
--------------------I feel a disturbance in the force, as if a million Yuri 
fanfic writers
just went *SQUEEEEE!!* all at once. ^_^  
--------------------

Shinohara just can't catch a break, poor guy.  
Uniform bikinis are a bit, ummm, well ... an idea worth looking into.  Carefully.  In great detail.  At least as long as the servicemembers look like the girls on Yamato....

Wait, Captain Okita brought along a straw hat, as if he'd been expecting to have time for fishing?

Belated note about a previous episode, by the way:  during the parfait incident, when Yurisha mentions to Akira and Melda that there's someone she's got a thing for, one of them, and it appears to me that it's Melda, immediately asks if the object of Yurisha's affection is Kodai.  Now why would she think of him so promptly ... unless his status as a Clueless Chick Magnet is reaching interstellar levels?  
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Wait, Captain Okita brought along a straw hat, as if he'd been expecting to have time for fishing?
That's not Okita actually (see below). That's Chief Engineer Tokugawa (Orion). 
And heck, who knows? He might have had it with him as a lucky/nostalgic thing. OR - he could've had it whipped up that very day - either from the ship's own fabrication plant/stores. Or maybe there's an equivalent of reeds to make it with on one of the nearby islands. 

(By this point in the original series poor Captain Okita was bed-ridden. And I think his situation is rapidly deteriorating to that point in the new series. It took longer for his illness to actually knock him out of his full Captaincy in the 2199 version.) 

Quote:DHBirr wrote:
Belated note about a previous episode, by the way:  during the parfait incident, when Yurisha mentions to Akira and Melda that there's someone she's got a thing for, one of them, and it appears to me that it's Melda, immediately asks if the object of Yurisha's affection is Kodai.  Now why would she think of him so promptly ... unless his status as a Clueless Chick Magnet is reaching interstellar levels?  
Why would she think of him? Because he's the Terran male she's had the most exposure to? That she respects the hell out of him? Hey - a little attraction is possible too. And yeah - I think Kodai's "clueless chick magnet" factor is at least a 3-4 on the Corwin scale. ^_^

Quote:Logan Darklighter wrote:
Quote:That's not Okita actually (see below). That's Chief Engineer Tokugawa (Orion). 
And heck, who knows? He might have had it with him as a lucky/nostalgic thing. OR - he could've had it whipped up that very day - either from the ship's own fabrication plant/stores. Or maybe there's an equivalent of reeds to make it with on one of the nearby islands. 
I thought something looked wrong about his beard, but I didn't look closely enough or think the matter through.  Oh, and the possibility of the ship's "OMCS" nano-fabbing the hat for him occurred to me about half an hour after my previous post.
Regarding Melda's "Kodai x Yurisha" suggestion, what I was trying to slyly hint is that she's reacting in a paranoid, "Oh noes, am I going to have to compete for him with her, too?"  After all, there's Arioch knows how many men aboard the ship, and Kodai isn't the one with whom Yurisha's spent most time, and yet Melda at once thinks the Princess has got her sights set on him.  Suspicious!

Yurisha has, of course, actually fallen in love with Captain Okita.  (If this jest turns out to be true ... you heard it here first.)
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

So that's why people volunteer for duty on the third bridge.... the view is worth death itself.