Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Firefox and opening multiple tabs at once.
Problem with Firefox and opening multiple tabs at once.
It's mostly seen when I try to open my webcomic bookmarks as a block. Even dividing then into two groups only helps a little. It's also intermittent.
What happens is that the pages partially open, stopping partway through getting everything. Usually I have some simple pages completed, some with nothing and most with bits and pieces. Then, although the active loading symbol on the tabs is still active everything stops loading.
What makes this really annoying is that it stops me for successfully opening up other pages. They just fail to load. It also continues even if I close Firefox and try a new session. And yes, before you ask, I do automatically delete the cache and history when I close the program.

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi
Not that it always helps.  I've had a umask related bug open for 3 years now.
-- ∇×V
some suggestions you might have already tried
You have probably tried these, but if not one might help.-1-Use "control  alt delete" and start the task manager, check the processes and services tabs, I use to have a problem with a older version of  fire fox starting something in the Processes tab and rarely in the services tab and then never finishing the loading of a webpage.  I would close fire fox, but the problem persisted through a restart of fire fox or fire fox would even refuse to restart.  It never failed when this happened I'd find a "firefox.exe" apparently hung in the processes or  services tabs.  Killing those presumably hanging parts of fire fox would usually let me restart that version of fire fox and it would work normally for a while, sometimes only minutes other times for hours.
-2-I eventually completely uninstalled that version of firefox and then did a "clean" install of a older working version and waited until at least three updates had occurred before allowing fire fox to update.So you might try a full Uninstall and then after fully shutting down your computer for a few minutes then do a CLEAN reinstall of the current version of fire fox, if you have done this then try a older presumably working version and set it to prevent auto updates and wait a couple of update cycles and try the newest version again.NOTE::You can save all your fire fox bookmarks as a HTML file viewable as a webpage which contains clickable links, I do this every 2 or 3 months as a archive method for keeping dead links I remove from my fire fox's active bookmarks. -3-Find another free web browser and open the same set of multiple tabs in it to make sure it's actually a fire fox issue and not a internet connection issue. I know most internet service provider tend to harp and blame everything on the firewall, but sometimes it can be a firewall causing or more accurately often "finding" a program flaw in the software trying to access the internet.
 -4-Reinstall Flash and Java using the most up to date versions after fully removing the older versions. I don't recommend switching to older versions of these programs even if  the new version is the cause of the problem and the older version works because so many updates of these programs fix a security flaw and criminals really like to target any security flaws in these two programs. hmelton
God Bless