Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Negima is getting a sequel...
So, Negima is getting a sequel...
From here:
Quote: In the decade since the world became aware of the existence of magic, the world has undergone massive upheaval. However, a boy named Tota lives in seclusion in a rural town far removed from these changes. His ordinary life is highlighted by his magic-using female teacher and his supportive friends. When his tranquil daily life is disrupted, he embarks on a unique adventure.
The first chapter is going to be hitting shelves in Japan on Wednesday, and there is a preview chapter floating around online.  Here's a pic I found in the SB thread on the subject:
[Image: I5eKdTyl.jpg]
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Huh. That certainly hints that the "magic-using teacher" is Evangeline... Presumably this takes place while Asuna's napping?

And weird coincidence time -- just yesterday morning I was wondering if Akamatsu was going to do another manga after slamming the door so abruptly on Negima after the change in the laws covering authors' rights.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*teary eyed* It's just so beautiful. WAAAAAHHHHH!
Bigtime Akamatsu fan (everything but Mao-chan), if you can't tell. ^_^

i wants its english release so bads

It's heeeeeeeeeere...
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/uq_holder/

Oh, very cool. I'm 40 pages in and a bit lost, but hey, that's the way it's supposed to be at the start of a good long story.

We need a page for this up on All The Tropes; gonna have to do that as soon as I get through the extant material. (Unless someone who's already read through wants to beat me to it.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I've read up to the current standpoint, and something about this is making me just.... I dunno.

I feel like when I was reading Early Negima, which was a harem comedy, until the Kyoto Arc actually kicked it into high gear. This doesn't really grip me past the prologue, because there's no antagonist. Just Our Protagonist and his growing nakama as we get no real hint of a plot.

I dunno. It's not bad, and maybe it's just still in the prologue, but I'd hoped that Akamatsu had practiced his pacing a little more.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."