Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You knew this was coming...
You knew this was coming...
MLP:FIM the CCG is hitting stores.

My FLAS had the pre-release tourney this weekend.

Anyone desperate enough want me to see if they have anything left?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Forgot to ask is it any good? From what card's I've seen, I'm getting deja vue of the old Decipher CCG's(Star Trek, Star Wars). A nearby FLGS is holding a pre-release next weekend and they've had the related card-sleeves and the trading cards for awhile, plus have recently got the card folder.

I've been contemplating getting some DJ-P0n3/Vinyl Scratch sleeves for a bit, too.

I've been having quite a bit of fun playing at local game shops.
Edit:There's a bit of card errata on Enterplay's website that you'll want to look at, and a huge amount of rule clarifications on their Twitter. 
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Well, your Deja Vue on the CCG is kinda there. While i have not Played a game (the closest group who plays is over an hour and a half away on my Mordheim day), i see a lot of Decipher in my cards and the rulebook. Though, there is just enough difference that its is not just playing the deck/disasters in a race to 100 vs your "opponent".

On a strange/annoying note, they just had to put some of the chars the fandom loves as Ultra-Rares. I really wanted Dr. Hooves, but 1 in 13 chance? please thats bad odds even to me.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]

Well, that's truly a Decipher artifact, for they had the Ent-D and most of the bridge crew as UR. They did the same thing in the rest of the expansions. Doesn't mean that I don't still have them, I had to buy many pack and boxes to get them. The 'All Good Things' Alt. Ent-D was one of the few singles I bought. Payed AUD$100 to get it.
I still don't think I ever got the Millennium Falcon card.

Then again it's also a MTG thing, but I've found I get at least one mythic rare per box - just never the one I want - and leaves me with a whole stack of commons.

Heh, XHRPPAXLFSVZB=
Oh and one in thirteen, from what I can workout, that's two/three packs out of a thirty six booster pack box and to guarantee at least 6 UR's is 3 boxes and to collect them, all means opening 108(of 36 booster) boxes. Yikes......

I've played five games of it: 3W/2L, four games were played in a four-round (one game per round) tournament format with a initial warm-up game. So officially I'm at 50% W/L (about where I am in World of Tanks). Went the Rainbow Dash stream with the event deck. Powered her up in only two games - five troublemakers is not enough.

I got the Screwball UR from a booster (only saw her in my hand once). Received the expected Rainbow Dash, To the Rescue promo and the tote bag, plus an unexpected Nightmare Moon promo at the end. I do believe that I'll play some more games.

Will need to get some more cards first, which aren't officially available down here till next week. Also a better playmat than the paper one included in the event decks is clearly needed.