Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Age Origins Steam Sale
Dragon Age Origins Steam Sale
75% off to $7.49

Worth it? 

Personally, I'd say so. Origins is a great game. It also includeds Awakenings, the predictably less-stellar sequel, and The DLC content (Three Addons for Origins and 4 short-adventure extras) which is fun but only a relatively small amount of content. I put 95 hours in on my copy, and I haven't replayed anything, so I think that's a fair amount of entertainment for $7.50.

Also: If you, like me, are a fan of making things look pretty, there's a sizeable collection of (now largely moved-on) mods for new character customization options and armor/weapons. Let me know if you want the info on any of that.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Personally, I disliked the gameplay. The world and the plot (that which I could get through) were good and entertaining, but the tactics engine was just stupid. I tried playing it with two separate Grey Wardens and got very tired of dying repeatedly. I much preferred the way Mass Effect handled NPCs.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."