Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for an XIF viewer/converter
Looking for an XIF viewer/converter
I have a large cache of old files in the early Pagis XIF format. Unfortunately there isn't much that can view or do anything with these right now... there's a viewer that will only work up through WinXP, and the actual main software only works through Windows 2000 or so. If anyone has a copy of the Pagis software that they can provide me, or some other means of converting these into usable files that I can print without needing to load them one at a time in the viewer on a XP virtual machine... I'd appreciate it.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Nuance supposedly has a proprietary viewer that's kind of pricey. Since they're the current owners of the software rights to the xif format...

oddly enough, a SUSE Linux site recommend using GIMP, and treating it as a TIFF file. It supposedly works on an arbitrary percentage of XIFs.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

On windows you might try Xnview (they claim to support it) , or maybe Irfanview too (some people say it supports it).

I will try GIMP, thanks.

I'm trying to get away from something I need to run in a VM... (I have only Macs as functional machines right now)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

If Gimp does not work, there also is a viewer meant for win98, which works also on XP. You would have to use an image printer driver to convert to another format, though

Quote:nemonowan wrote:
If Gimp does not work, there also is a viewer meant for win98, which works also on XP. You would have to use an image printer driver to convert to another format, though
That's what I'm using now. And since I have, oh, a few hundred of these files, I'd like to get something that can batch-convert them into something more useful, like png.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.