Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has your artwork been uploaded to this website?
Has your artwork been uploaded to this website?
1) I have seen a report that desktopnexus . com is hosting images made by people who are not the people who uploaded the images. I also understand that they claim copyright of images posted to their site. One might want to check that site to find out whether any of one's artwork has been posted there without permission, and go straight to the DMCA notices if it has.

2) Here's a useful site - you can provide an image or the URL of an image, and it'll go find other copies of the image on the web. Apparently, resizings and watermarkings don't fool this search engine. If you have an image and you want to know where it came from (or where it's been copied to), or who to pay for the rights to use it, this site will make the search easier.
http://www.tineye.com/
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Resizing doesn't fool tineye, but cropping and/or adding borders definitely does. Whenever I try TinEye, I have fairly poor luck. Not that there's anything better out there for this application.
-- ∇×V

Personally, I find that Google's Image Search works somewhat better than TinEye. (You can drag and drop images from your computer or other websites onto the search box on the Image Search page, but not the main web search page.)
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.