Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I refuse to fit brakes to my car.
Why I refuse to fit brakes to my car.
So, I saw on google that there have been plenty of studies made into the causes and results of car accidents, but there almost always seems to be one commonality between all types of accident.

Nearly all cars involved in accidents applied their brakes beforehand. That can't possibly be a coincidence, can it?

So why do we fit cars with a feature that causes them to crash so much? Do you see how much money is invested in the 'science' of braking. How much advertising money goes in to the promotion of 'braking' to the average motorist. They're killing innocent drivers for the sake of profit. An entire industry built on the murder of the motorist.

I for one want no part in it.

So I have removed the brakes from my own car. I would advise all of you reading to do the same thing. This will have the additional benefit that you will arrive early at your destination.

Don't Stop. Take them off now.

Heh.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

*facepalms*

[Image: PY3m83C.png]

Hey, don't laugh this off! I heard from somebody that some people they knew were working on a construction job, and they used their brakes, and when the building was finished, they all lost their jobs! Braking can't be good for you!
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

ah, but if no brakes, no need fix!

Hmm. if no need fix, no need spend money on parts or mechanics either. and to think I thought this was a BAD think.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Screw brake jobs. Go right to the root of the problem and embrace mandatory universal contraception/sterilization NOW. It'll take time for the benefits to kick in, but once they do... after all, birth is the ultimate cause of death, injury, and emotional trauma in the universe!

Star Ranger4 Wrote:ah, but if no brakes, no need fix!

Hmm. if no need fix, no need spend money on parts or mechanics either. and to think I thought this was a BAD think.
Why do we use brakes that nobody knows how they work, anyway? There's always anchors if you need to stop.

SkyeFire Wrote:Screw brake jobs. Go right to the root of the problem and embrace mandatory universal contraception/sterilization NOW. It'll take time for the benefits to kick in, but once they do... after all, birth is the ultimate cause of death, injury, and emotional trauma in the universe!
Ah, yes - the sexually-transmitted, 100%-fatal condition known as "life" - it is annoying, isn't it?
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Why do we use brakes that nobody knows how they work, anyway? There's always anchors if you need to stop.
Pfft.  Anchors, he says!
...real men use retro-rockets.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

But... isn't that ultimately a form of braking!? Oh NO! Entropy is a form of Braking! WE'RE DOOMED!

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
But... isn't that ultimately a form of braking!? Oh NO! Entropy is a form of Braking! WE'RE DOOMED!
Everything goes downhill..a fact of life.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Black Aeronaut Wrote:But... isn't that ultimately a form of braking!? Oh NO! Entropy is a form of Braking! WE'RE DOOMED!
There's an important difference - these aren't what Big Auto and the Government are trying to get everybody to use.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Bluemage wrote:
Pfft.  Anchors, he says!
Anchors WITH retro-rockets!  For extra-retro... anchoring... stuff.

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Quote:Bluemage wrote:
Pfft.  Anchors, he says!
Anchors WITH retro-rockets!  For extra-retro... anchoring... stuff.
(monty python silly police voiceSmileRoit now... this is getting all together TOO silly
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

We all should follow in the tire tracks of The Big Bus and use retractable flags and pennents!
For fast stops, there is also the Bat-parachute to use. And paying people to pick them up and repack them is an economic stimulus!