Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, so what's behind this?
Okay, so what's behind this?
The consensus is that http://huvrtech.com/ is a hoax and probably viral marketing for something else entirely, but what? And who's behind it? Considering the famous names who appear in the "BELIEF" video below, it's someone with deep pockets... What happens in December when the counter on the website catches up?
    //www.youtube.com/v/A4vE_vpkr90?version=3&hl=en_US   
//www.youtube.com/v/wqExe69CEg8?version=3&hl=en_US
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

From their website, either they have the worst, most ill-informed marketing team ever (And I've seen some pretty bad ones) or it's clearly a hoax. "Uses high powered electromagnets." and "Works best on asphalt, which lacks magnetic properties." Could they at least give us some technobabble that doesn't contradict itself within the same paragraph?

(Not even going to bring up how silly a design feature it is to only have one foot-strap, too)
According to http://mashable.com/2014/03/04/huvr-videos/ (and Cnet ) it was by "Funny or Die"
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

If I recall correctly, Hasbro was working on making "hoverboards", for a BTTF 2015 thing.
Edit:My bad, it was Mattel:

http://beyondthemarquee.com/4869/
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Maybe they will be releasing a remake of Back to the Future? 8P

I've tolerated other remakes before. Even thought that some were better than the originals. 
But if they seriously ever make a remake of Back to the Future I'm afraid I'll be obligated to go to Hollywood and find whoever is behind such a project and kick them repeatedly in the nads with a steel-toed boot. 

The thing is, it would be impossible to hide the production of a new BttF film, be it remake, reboot or sequel -- something would have leaked by now, even if this is simply a long-range teaser. So it's for something else -- but what?
-- Bob
---------

Unless these are the long-range teasers... Not saying they are, but consider the web presence the recent Robocop remake had, a year before the movie was released.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Logan Darklighter Wrote:I've tolerated other remakes before. Even thought that some were better than the originals. 

But if they seriously ever make a remake of Back to the Future I'm afraid I'll be obligated to go to Hollywood and find whoever is behind such a project and kick them repeatedly in the nads with a steel-toed boot. 

If they remake Back to the Future for next year, Marty will be thrown back to the ancient historical year of......

That'd be fucking awesome.

Heh. What if they rebooted BttF every thirty years... and advanced everything by 30 years each time.

One thing for sure, the second installment would always have flying cars.
-- Bob
---------