Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Five finger discount on Video Madness!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

How smart is your country's head of government?

And how well can he or she communicate that knowledge?

(True, he's choosing to answer the first half of a two-part question while ignoring the half that he really doesn't want to answer... but how many other Prime Ministers, presidents, or Chancellors can do that this well?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

President of Ireland... Left wing academic Yoda

Enda Kenny is technically a teacher. But he's the sort of teacher everyone hates - the paternalistic one who acts smug for knowing far more than the children who should just sit and listen like good little babbies, then acts surprised when the adults give him the bird and tell him to fuck off the fecking bogger.

I'll just leave this here...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/auroras-uhd-1.3544527
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Discovered on iTunes
 So I have been cruising through the music of my youth on iTunes (I may be the first person this decade to buy a Hall and Oates album without irony.  So I looked at the deluxe remix of of Mike Oldfield (still in my top five favorite artists of all time) and saw this on the track list - taking his song poison arrows and...well... I just don't have the words.  (and this is his video for it - not something cooked up by fans.)

-- Bob
---------

-- Bob
---------

an amusing little Imgur vidhttp://imgur.com/gallery/N72KlTK
In the half time interval of the 2016 eurovision contest the hosts performed a sketch about creating the ultimate song by analysing past winners.  In my opinion it was the best song of the show so here in full is the ultimate song - "Love Love Peace Peace"
Mark

... and it's not available in the US, dammit.
-- Bob
---------

A little something from Miracle of Sound for the return of the franchise that launched a genre (out of a rocket launcher).

- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

try this, it's a rehearsal but its the best us version I found so far

also I found web site for checking the region coding

http://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi
edit also try this link - attempt 2

Heh. Thanks for going through the effort to find those!

And was that Lordi showing up in the middle of the song?
-- Bob
---------

yes it is lordi. I wasn't sure at first if it was a tribute or the real band but the last version I linked (german tv I think) does actually name them. Lordi were previous winners (2006 according to internet)

Hard Rock Hallelujah was a hell of a song.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Whilst much of the fun of eurovision is regarding it as the musical equivalent of MST3K, there is usually one good song and a few decent songs between the bad and the bland. There used to be a lot of fun guessing on the tactical voting but its not as obvious in the new voting system. Note I'm not saying its not still going on, just that its not obvious.

And too keep this on topic here is a rundown of uk entries from 1957 to 2010. Like the contest as a whole, some entries are great, some are decent, and in my opinion some should be completely erased from history.

Speaking of Eurovision...

---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

... and just because of the 3-second clip of it I heard in that,
Ankhani, I went and looked for Russia's entry in this year's contest. 
And I wasn't disappointed.

-- Bob
---------

Bah!  Behold the power of this FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL-- wait, wrong movie, sorry.
But!  Behold the ULTIMATE Eurovision number!  Once upon a time, there was Riverdance.  But NOW, there is ROBODAAAAANNNNCCCCEEEE!!!!!!

(of course, video embed won't work.  Again).

Full disclosure:  those are my company's robots.  And while I never get to work on stuff like that (sobs in jealousy), I'm fairly certain I know the people who did (or who advised them).

one final eurovision video from me - the recap of all the 2016 finalists. Hopefully there are no regional issues.

Mark

-- Bob
---------