Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontario-area Forum Members

It was loads of fun! I'm just sorry we couldn't stay longer. I'd have loved to get in a game session or two.
Oh, and tell Attila that my ID in Battlenet is "Kitsudragon#1815"
Edit: Meanwhile, I'm off to play the PS3 version of Destiny. My roommate encouraged me to pick it up, and so far, it's been a blast! Apparently the PS3 and PS4 don't talk to each other, and Sony's making no attempt to fix this (I hate developers who troll their own user base...) so if anyone has the game, I could only team up with a PS3 player. I'm "Kitsudragon" on the Sony network as well.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

Ian, Attila says "cool" and is heading upstairs to his laptop to add you as I type this.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:... and there are two new Warriors Academy students (still unnamed) who will be getting cameos in a flashback somewhere.
Ah, yes - must remember to come up with an origin story for ... um ... "Fadeout" sometime soon.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Still trying to come up with a name for the new character. (Magical girl with weakness detection, heightened senses and intelligence, and an ability to pull eight objects to start with out of katanaspace.) Still working on the concept that ties it all together.
Oh, we also noticed a few things around Collingwood on the way home. First, you have the Pretty River Academy in Collingwood itself. Then you have Sunnidale, with a half-dozen side roads all leading to it, and the town of Strongville on the other side.
It just screams anime Buffy series to us. You have Sunnidale in the middle, surrounded by the magical girls' school and the superhero town, protecting everyone from the evils that lurk within... Smile
---

Quote:DRAG0NFLIGHT wrote:
Still trying to come up with a name for the new character. (Magical girl with weakness detection, heightened senses and intelligence, and an ability to pull eight objects to start with out of katanaspace.) Still working on the concept that ties it all together.
Sensing of weaknesses, coupled with heightened senses and enhanced intelligence?  Something to do with strategy, I should think.  Karla von Clausewitz, maybe.  Less whimsically, Chessmistress.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

DHBirr Wrote:
Quote:DRAG0NFLIGHT wrote:Still trying to come up with a name for the new character. (Magical girl with weakness detection, heightened senses and intelligence, and an ability to pull eight objects to start with out of katanaspace.) Still working on the concept that ties it all together.
Sensing of weaknesses, coupled with heightened senses and enhanced intelligence? Something to do with strategy, I should think. Karla von Clausewitz, maybe. Less whimsically, Chessmistress.
For now, let's just say that references to chess would be a bad idea for the place and time these characters will be debuting.
--
Rob Kelk

Rob, as I begin clearing out the unit refrigerator in advance of tomorrow's check-out, I find I owe you both an apology and another thank you -- I must have been distracted or something when you brought in the beer because there is a lot more here than I realized -- had I known the true extent of your gift, I would have offered beer all around on Sunday.
-- Bob
---------

Hehe. Enjoy! And beware the alcohol content. It tends to sneak up on people used to the tapwater people south of the border call "beer." Big Grin
---

No worries, Bob. Enjoy the souvenir bottles and cans, once you've drained them at home!
--
Rob Kelk

Heh. I will.

We are home now, btw, as of about 45 minutes ago. 10 hours of travel, plus a 3-hour stop in Niagara Falls and an hour of assorted other stops and breaks.

Time to craaaaaaaaaaaaa...
sh.

boom
-- Bob
---------

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMM-*SLA-MASH*-bur.
(I just wish I could find a YouTube clip of the appropriate moment in the Droopy cartoon this came from.)

robkelk Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:... and there are two new Warriors Academy students (still unnamed) who will be getting cameos in a flashback somewhere.
Ah, yes - must remember to come up with an origin story for ... um ... "Fadeout" sometime soon.
Or I could just leave that as a plot hook...

By now, Fadeout should be in your inbox.
--
Rob Kelk

I really wasn't paying attention when you brought in the beer, Rob. I've been slowly polishing it off -- savoring it one serving a day -- and have finally gotten to the three Clocktower bottles I had left. I remember getting handed a glass of Clocktower brew that Sunday afternoon and enjoying it, and have been savoring the anticipation of finally getting back to it... And last night I finally went to put a bottle in the fridge for consumption today and tomorrow.

Only to discover that I didn't have three remaining bottles of whatever Clocktower beer I'd had two weeks ago, but three different Clocktower brews, none of which are probably the same beer.

I keep feeling like I somehow insulted you by not even looking at your gift.
Edit:  The bottles I have left are the Brown, the Raspberry Wheat, and an obscurely hand-labeled bottle which the Clocktower.ca site informs me is probably the August Pale Ale; what was the fourth beer that I consumed to cavalierly? 
-- Bob
---------

That would have been the Kolsch.

No worries - Atilla liked it, so I trust you would have as well.
--
Rob Kelk

Oh, I did, the one glass I had.
-- Bob
---------