Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chapter 13 Is Now Available!
Chapter 13 Is Now Available!
Head to www.eclipse.net/~rms/dwmain.html for the new chapter and the revised and updated concordance. This is an exclusive for folks who read the forums -- I won't be posting the chapter to RAAC, the FFML and all the other usual places until later tonight.
Go to it folks, and enjoy!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Re: Chapter 13 Is Now Available!
w00t! off to read it before work...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Yes, w00t and all that!
It's nice to finaly see where some of the teasers fit in.
'Fargo's Fine Fabrics' parsed in my mind to another F^3
And the cameo of Yumeko brought a chuckle that just got louder when Bert appeared. Why do I've now got this feeling that 'Three Knights' may now have a short vist by Doug.....
I'm also getting an impression that Quincy could be Warrior World's no. 1 Bad Guy - Arcanum, but that canna be or can it?
He at least knows Doug and the Warrior's line-up and there's always the possiblity that he's another dimension-lost traveller that we may or may not all ready know.
--Rod.H
w00t!-------------------
*No,* Sachiel replied.
*Aww, come on,* I answered.
*Absolutely not,* he insisted.
*What's so bad about my idea?*
*While I have no problem with withdrawing and allowing you to handle the situation, I have... issues with your plan to tell the Lillim that you are the "3.14th Angel, Auwhotda'ell".*
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Freeow, as Zaphod used to say. DW2 is a helluva ride, and even this action-free chapter doesn't really slow down... I just hope the brakes on this coaster are in good shape... Smile
Quote:
I'm also getting an impression that Quincy could be Warrior World's no. 1 Bad Guy - Arcanum, but that canna be or can it?
He at least knows Doug and the Warrior's line-up and there's always the possiblity that he's another dimension-lost traveller that we may or may not all ready know.

I got the same impression--well, it was more like a sudden searing bolt of revelation during the debriefing scene ("Oh CRAP, he's ARCANUM!").
But the more I think about it, the less sense it makes--Quincy has never seen Kat's hybrid form, and he refers to Hexe by both her birth name and "Elizabeth". The "gamer in his youth" hypothesis still holds more weight in my mind.
So Bob is probably messing with our minds. (Okay, we knew that, I mean in this particular case and manner.) Wink
My only problem with this is that it seems to mean Doug can't be allowed to meet and converse with Quincy--it'd blow the lid off transfictionality straight from the git-go. And it's almost a shame that the Q-man will never get to confront his greatest creation...
--Sam Ashley
"Nothing lasts forever. Nothing is worth fighting for. Yes, we have no bananas."
Just got done reading it. My overall impression? Not bad. Not bad at all... although I'm... err... rather curious about what's going to happen.-------------------
*No,* Sachiel replied.
*Aww, come on,* I answered.
*Absolutely not,* he insisted.
*What's so bad about my idea?*
*While I have no problem with withdrawing and allowing you to handle the situation, I have... issues with your plan to tell the Lillim that you are the "3.14th Angel, Auwhotda'ell".*
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Thanks for the release its great. Only one question tho.

>And the cameo of Yumeko brought a chuckle that just got >louder when Bert appeared. Why do I've now got this feeling >that 'Three Knights' may now have a short vist by Doug.....
What are the 'Three Knights ' I havn't heard of that before or maybe I'm just really dense at the moment? Anyways time to work some more.

Shawn Earl
Well found the info after digging around the concordance page and some more links after that. Now at least I get the references. Smile

Quote:
I got the same impression--well, it was more like a sudden searing bolt of revelation during the debriefing scene ("Oh CRAP, he's ARCANUM!").
But the more I think about it, the less sense it makes--Quincy has never seen Kat's hybrid form, and he refers to Hexe by both her birth name and "Elizabeth". The "gamer in his youth" hypothesis still holds more weight in my mind.[/b]
I remember asking Bob this question a while ago... back when Quincy first told Kate that when she caught 'the Loon' she was to not allow him access to any kind of music... as I recall, Bob said "good guess... close, but no cigar"
Now I'm thinking that he could be a (Servant Factor) lackey of some kind...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Quote:
Why do I've now got this feeling that 'Three Knights' may now have a short vist by Doug.....
Not really, not in the sense you're thinking of, at least. I have, however, offered a scene to Craig and Bert where insert Craig tries to describe Looney Toons to SkyKnight and Yumeko; I don't know if they're going to use it, though.

-- Bob
---------
Whoohoo! And ARGH!
WhooHoo for it being out, and a really really good chapter. This one is right up there with Requium for a Lensman, Bob.
Argh, of course, for the fact that it's gonna be at least 2 weeks till chapter 14, and even longer till the final denoument in chapter 15.
Lots of other little thoughts... Madagain, Madagain, Madagain. Even though you're trying to KISS this, it seems like there are still to many levels going on here for it to come out just the way you want it.
Lisa... Ok, so she's not going to be MT's first mage... yet. There's still a few questions there that have to wait till the last two chapters. Like just what Hexe told Doug to keep quiet about for now.
And of course, the whole does Quincy = Arcanum issue. Of course, Bob has made a sly comment in the past that SOMEONE just might be a self insert, just not Doug. Clearly this person DOES have quite a big of 'insider' knowlege about the warriors (re the Elizabeth comment). I too have to argue against it being a 'missing player', because of the transfictionality issue. Still, we've read a bit here that Doug doesn't know yet that can well lead one to believe he could be, even if it turns out he really isn't.
Which, all in all, is why I'm feeling ARGH-ish over the wait for the next one. All the forces seem to be converging on a single point... and soon. But all we can do is wait with the patience of Rabid Crack Weasels until it is done.

*Sigh*

PS: Loved the other cameos, though Bert's was the only one I got right off the bat! =)"I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Actually, the answer to Quincy's identity is both nearer
than you think, yet further away than you suspect.
I could TELL you, but then Bob would have to kill me. ^_^
There's a song that would give you a clue, tho.
Mwehehehehe.
GAWD, I love being mys-TEEER-ious! No wonder
Bob likes it so much.
Ed.
Quote:
GAWD, I love being mys-TEEER-ious! No wonder Bob likes it so much.
Amen t'-that-. I've been laughing my ass off all through this thread.
Blessed be.
-n
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote:
Like just what Hexe told Doug to keep quiet about for now.
I think you misread that. That was Lisa who got a mental prerecorded message from Hexe...

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
GAWD, I love being mys-TEEER-ious! No wonder
Bob likes it so much.
Quote:
Amen t'-that-. I've been laughing my ass off all through this thread.
It is fun, ainnit?
-- Bob
---------
Quote:
I think you misread that. That was Lisa who got a mental prerecorded message from Hexe...
Huh. Ok, my bad. Although I gotta wonder how much longer Doug's not gonna notice her awakening magegift, if mages shine like beacons using magesight.
D'uh... Isn't it that Doug has to 'actively' switch to mage-sight? (take an action, in game terms) Ergo, he wouldn't notice until such time as he thinks to 'look again'..."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
D'uh... Isn't it that Doug has to 'actively' switch to mage-sight? (take an action, in game terms)
Correct. It is always a conscious action, not something he does without thinking about it. I know that in several places I have him refer to it as "switching gears".
If he has no reason to scan someone with magesight, he will never know anything about them that can only be found out with it.

-- Bob
---------