Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Thought
Random Thought
Because I've had this stuck in my head for the past couple of days I figured I would share the wealth so to speak. Because of Doug's current situation the scene in my head has Doug dressed in a Blues Brother's outfit delivering the line, "I'm on a mission from Gods." Who is he saying it too? I have no idea. As a side note Gods is being pronounced God with a slight pause before the s is said for example "God...s" at least I think it is anyways.
With Doug's movie background I can almost see him saying that to some Genom flunkie.

Shawn Earl

{edit: added a few peroids}
Re: Random Thought
Oh God...s
Now I can see him bursting into Quincy's office dressed like Charlton Heston and demanding "Let My Buma GO!!!""I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
"GET YOUR GOD-DAMDED HANDS OFF ME, YOU FILTHY BUMA!" Smile

Edit: fix quote -Z-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
If you think that's bad, picture this:
Doug slapping a buma on the forehead, Baptist-style, shouting "BE HEALED!"
Gaaaah...
Ed.
Oh, it gets worse than that. Remember that Doug has to play a song... which in this case would be "Now we gather by the river"..."I was an Otaku before those kids came along and changed the meaning of the word."
-- HM "Howling Mad" Wilson to more than one team-mate.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Quote:
If you think that's bad, picture this:
Now, Ed, what have I told you about unauthorized spoilers?

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:

Would this be while playing "Jesus He Knows Me" (by Genesis), "Something To Belive In" (GnR, IIRC), or 'Keepin' The Faith" (Elton John? No real idea...)?
- CD, possibly "His name is E-R-N-E-S-T", as played on Dr. Demento frm time to time, featuring either the actual actor who played Ernest P Worrel or a very good impersonator doing the televangelist bit...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
Would this be while playing "Jesus He Knows Me" (by Genesis), "Something To Belive In" (GnR, IIRC), or 'Keepin' The Faith" (Elton John? No real idea...)?
Nope. In fact, you already know the song's in the story.
Oh, and Billy Joel recorded "Keepin' the Faith", if you're talking about the song that's kind of a paean to being a teen in the 50s:
Quote:
I found out a man
Ain't just being macho
Ate an awful lot of
Late night drive-in food
Drank a lot of take home pay
I thought I was the Duke of Earl
When I made it with a red-haired girl
In the Chevrolet, oh yeah

-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Oh, and Billy Joel recorded "Keepin' the Faith", if you're talking about the song that's kind of a paean to being a teen in the 50s:

Possibly - all I really remember about the song is the chorus, and that the music video was done to be like one of those church ceremonies where everyone gets up to sing and some of them dance, but with the addition of enough lighting effects to make the whole room look like a jukebox when they were all turned on.
- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Quote:
The music video was done to be like one of those church ceremonies where everyone gets up to sing and some of them dance, but with the addition of enough lighting effects to make the whole room look like a jukebox when they were all turned on.
That's the Billy Joel song.

-- Bob
---------
Gah. Heston references make me think of Solyent Green.
"Soylent Bumas are made of people! PEOPLE!"
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
www.yggdrasil.org
"Selsun Blue is people!"

-- Bob
---------
Soylent Grey is Robots!