Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UQ Holder Manga
UQ Holder Manga
It's a continuation of the route where Asuna woke up to find Negi had died in Negima. Eva-chan had grown up and become a teacher. Touta Konoe (Negi's grandkid?) is her ward and disciple. Though I'm wondering if he's really a descendant of Rakan  with his antics.
Chapter 5 right now and Akamatsu-sama does not disappoint!
Edit: You sneak into the women's hot springs, pull the towel of a mature A.K. McDowell and then tell her naked grannies are not your thing!? Really, do you have a death wish or something?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I just started reading this series, but I'm of the opinion it's still in mainline canon, not a what if alternate universe, just set into the far future because Akamatsu-san wanted to do something different with his sequel series.

I'm guessing we'll eventually have the holes from the end of the first series filled in as time goes on, now that he doesn't have to worry about a bunch of idiots robbing him of creative control of his own canon, so it'll be a time delayed fully absorbed finale for the first series.

Someone posted here about UQ Holder months ago (last Spring, maybe?), and I started reading it then, although when I hit the end of what was translated at that point I stopped and never got around to checking back afterward.

Oh, and the first volume of the tankoubon has been officially available in English for a couple months, too... I picked up a copy in my local B&N.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.