Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Hero 6
Big Hero 6
Just back from taking the Darkling to Big Hero 6.
Two rocket-thumbs way up - this is a great flick; it carries some solid emotional heft (but won't kick your feels up to neck level the way that UP did.); but never, ever, forgets to be fun.  Great sets and designs and a genuine love of the genre and all its influences.  Stay for the traditional Marvel clip at the end.  Multiple anime tributes slide their way in as well.  The first act may well be one of the best bits of film making out there - nearly beat perfect.  The second act could use a little stretching; but other than that, excellent.
SPOILERSNo, not giving away any spoilers here -just fucking with you.
End Spoilers

I saw it too. Really enjoyed it. Just as good as Guardians of the Galaxy and almost as good as Avengers.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Same here. Really enjoyed it. There are a number of Marvel references in the movie as well, in particular in Fred's room.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Just got back from seeing the movie.  Did the rest of you catch the Stan Lee Cameo? 8)

Quote:Timote wrote:
Just got back from seeing the movie.  Did the rest of you catch the Stan Lee Cameo? 8)
It's hard not to, if you know what the Man looks like.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Back when I made my first post I really should have reminded everyone to stay until the end of the credits. I was the only one in my theater who bothered, so I was the only one who saw the extra Stan Lee bit at the very end.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV