Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you help sort WH40K freebies?
Can you help sort WH40K freebies?
I know very little about Warhammer 40000 (war games aren't my cup of tea), but I recall there's at least one person here who is familiar with the game...

I've come across a few pages of free WH40K 3D-art resources, and I'd like to say more than just "assorted items" when I index them on the freebie wiki. If you know the game, how would you sort what's listed on these pages?

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freestuff ... ationID=15
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads. ... e=jibicoco
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads. ... &s=dd&pn=2

(I'm not even sure whether everything on the last two pages is for WH40K. I think the majority of items are, though.)

I'm deliberately not suggesting any categories, because I don't know what divisions are important in this context.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Don't know much about 3D-art, but I know some about WH40K. Most of what you have there is Space Marines stuff, actually.

I'd separate every everything based on which side they are on (Eldar/Orc/Space Marines/Chaos/...), then split the space marines by chapters. There may be more splits in the other categories (like chaos General/Nurgle/Slaanesh/Khorne/Tzeentch), but there isn't enough to put in them to require them.
-People may die, but ideas are forever. Je suis Charlie.

The three pages on Vanishingpoint appear to all be SpaceMarines (or in a few cases Chaos Marines) related items.

('Noise Marine', 'Plague Marine', 'Khorne Berserker', and 'Chaos Marine 1' and 'Chaos Marine 2' are the Chaos items)
'Thunderhawk' is a dropship
'Eldar Guardian' is the only non-marine item there
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Thanks - this definitely helps.

Is everything on the sharecg pages also Space Marines?
--
Rob Kelk

Glancing over the sharecg pages, it looks to be mostly Imperial Guard stuff or terrain/scenery pieces.

The Genestealers are Tyranids,

The 'Nergal low poly' and 'MALAL greater Daemon' are Chaos,

the 'Necron Chamber' and 'Necron Strider' for the Necron army,
The Thunderhawk and Dreadnaught on the second page are Space Marines.

Aside from what Timote listed and the "3 box 2 sandbag" the rest looks like Imperial Guard things.

You could further categorize things into figure types, e.g. Vehicle vs Infantry vs Other
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Um, that Thunderhawk model looks a little on the small side, but I could be wrong if it fits in a scaled up 2'x2' square.

Did I get everything right?
http://poserdazfreebies.orain.org/wiki ... _Resources
--
Rob Kelk

The Imperial Guard and Space Marines, while both part of the Imperium of Man, are technically different factions. You may want to separate them.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Ankhani Wrote:The Imperial Guard and Space Marines, while both part of the Imperium of Man, are technically different factions. You may want to separate them.
If you can tell me which goes where, I'd be happy to.
--
Rob Kelk

Space Marine: (mostly Ultramarine Chapter, for what it's worth)Props Set 1-5Calgar MarinePod 3PredatorRhinoMarine PosesIron ArmorLibrarian Marine 1-2Tech MarineTerminator 3Thousand SonsTerminatorDark AngelChaplainCaptainApothecaryWarhammer MarineMarine #6DreadnaughtDemolisherThunderhawkDreadnaught
--Imperial Guard:ScoutLandspeederAddon Texture BasiliskBasilisk Imperial GuardUpdate Texture Hydra FlakAnti-tank BlocksHydra Flak 40kCadian LowpolyImperial Guard Bastion CadiaDefense AegisBunkerSentinelValkirie
---

Aren't Landspeeders SpaceMarine vehicles? Not Guard?

As I said in the OP, I know very little about Warhammer 40000. Sorry - Warhammer 40,000. Right now, there's no error on the page (I hope), but if I sort items into two subgroups and I get one wrong, that makes the wiki look unreliable...

I'll leave things as they are for now.
--
Rob Kelk

So it is. I should plug things into the lexicanum wiki before I speak.
---

Looking at the picture, the Scout is also a Space Marine unit.